Dish Anywhere Constant Buffering Problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish Anywhere Constant Buffering Problems

tpribors
Audio Engineer

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.

I was shoved updates to the Dish Anywhere app on all my Android devices today.   Not a single one of them is any longer able to connect to the DVR to review or play recorded programming.

What the h*** is going on?   Don't you test this before you shove it down our throats?

DISH Employee

Hello, tpribors. We are aware of this issue and we are noticing it's started working again for several of our members. If it's still not quite working for you, our Engineering team is working to resolve the issue as a whole. 

Highlighted

tpribors
Audio Engineer

I got an email from one of the Dish folks stating that others had reported the problem and that some time this morning the system was working for them.  Indeed as of now, the problem seems to have been remedied.  I tried the windows based player and while some of the things worked better, the player was still awful, but it was different from the android version so I figured it might be more related to the network based portion.  All is standard now. Still get dropouts like before.

bob1
Extra

MattG: Just installed Dish Anywhere on my Fire Stick with Alexa. Experiencing buffering problems. Understand there is a fix

for buffering problem. How doI find out if I have the fix and/or what version of Fire Stick and Dish Anywhere I have. I need to

fix this problem. Please help with instructions as I am not expert on finding settings. Thanks.

DISH Employee

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us. I'd be happy to take a look into this issue for you. Can you please send me a private message that includes you phone number and security so that I may access your account?

donnyhearn
Extra
It’s November 2018 and I’m having constant buffering problems in the fire stick. Is the “fix” ever going to happen? No other apps have this problem, so I feel certain it’s not my internet. I watch Netflix a lot and it never buffers.

DISH Employee

Good evening, donnyhearn. Fixes do take a time, and we have made some improvements that may help towards this issue. Now, DISH Anywhere has a constant stream that does require more internet usage than Netflix and other library streaming apps. Do you have any other devices that you watch DISH Anywhere on? Are you seeing the buffering on those devices?

Really
Extra
I really wish I read this section before I paided more for the Hopper box so I could used the Dish App on fire stick. Looks like they have said the same thing for the pass 2 years and now we are into another year and it's still no fix. Ugggghhh Please people read the whole thread before you decide to stay with or get Dish. Very disappointing.

Really
Extra
I really wish I readed this thread before I decided to get the hopper box to watch the dish app on my fire stick. If you read this whole thread dish has been saying the same thing for the last 2 years. We are now in 2019 and there's still no fix for the dish app on the fire stick. It's still buffering a lot. I cannot even use this app on my fire stick. This is so disappointing. Please read the whole thread before you decide to get dish.

minnie67
Extra

It's not just a buffering issue only. Or a firestick issue. The picture quality suckes too. Firestick, android phone, android box. Doesn't matter. You can correct me, if mistaken, but using the sling is the major part of the problem. I know enough about straeming to know my sling is needed to put out the signal. By the time I get it back, it's never HD. Besides my 2 year lock is over, my bill went up $30, picture quality sucks streaming, been a loyal Dish customer at least the last 5 years, time to bail. I can put mobdro on my phone and get a better picture.