Dish Anywhere Constant Buffering Problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish Anywhere Constant Buffering Problems

DISH Employee

Motomech, we hate to hear you have been dealing with this issue for so long. Can you send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code so we can look into this.

tpribors
Audio Engineer

It was particularly bad last night, so much so that the link collapsed and I had to totally exit and reconnect.   Twice.  I keep hoping that at some magical update things will just magically get better. 

It would be nice if instead of side-bar private discussions we could all be privvy to the Dish position on this.  So far it doesn't even seem that Dish has publically acknowledged the issue. 

marcbollinger
Camera Crew

At first, I thought their responses to this thread were genuine, but after dealing with this issue for so long and being told, "It's being worked on" and "We aren't having that issue", I suspect that it's all just lip service and trying to keep the public image of Dish positive.

I think it's painfully clear at this point that they don't have engineers that are capable of making an app that can buffer and be less sensitive to supposed "drop outs". 

Stop leading your customers on by saying over and over to "PM us and we'll take a look". No, you won't and I bet you don't even send any of this to the engineers.

DISH Employee

We understand technical issues are frustrating to deal with. A private message with account specific information lets us tag your account for a known issue which has been reported to our tech engineering team. They work to recreate the issue and come up with a fix with a future software update.

If you are experiencing buffering or freezing with the DISH Anywhere app here are some steps you can try:

-Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app or refreshing the website.

-Make sure you have an active connection on your Hopper.

-Run a speedtest on your connection to make sure you are above 5 mbps.

tpribors
Audio Engineer

Puhleeze.  The "uninstall, reboot, reset" recommendation has been suggested and tried by all of us many times since this started, and everyone has confirmed it does no good. 

I got a new app update last night.

This morning watching merily along and the spinner comes up.   After a few minutes the tablet reports "reconnecting".  Then it puts up a screen "Dish Anywhere connection lost.  Please make sure your phone and receiver are connected to the internet and try again."

Moved to the TV connected to the Hopper and the screen is frozen.  The picture is stuck on a frame and the remote is inoperable.  After another minute   the Hopper displays "Smartcard Communication Error 122.  In internal communication failure has been detected. Press "slect" on your Remote Control to reset your receiver".  The remote is still not operational the only way to reset is with the red button.

II have reported similar failures so many times I've lost track.   f you ask me for contact info I will scream.  Please forward this to engineering.  

Motomech10
Extra

I was recently visiting family when I posted my first response regarding the problem with constant buffering. I was using thier wifi and did a speed test on my connection. It was 22.2 Mbps down and 2.26 up. I have a screen shot of results.  As I said in my initial post I have been dealing with this buffering problem with this app as long as I have been a Dish Customer, over 2 years now. I have tried to use this app in various situations, always with the same poor results. It's not my connection, It's not my phone or tablet, it's the Dish App, PERIOD. The App for me is unusable. This being the case, it is a feature I was sold on and pay for but can't use.  

Highlighted

tpribors
Audio Engineer

Froze up again today.  Lots of short-term spinners, lasting a few seconds.  They came in bursts but recoverd. Then the spinner stuck for 3 or 4 minutes but didn't fail out.  Went to the TV on the Hopper and the screen has a display that I don't remember but was a full page, and before I got my camera to snap it it changed to something like "programming unauthorized".  The channel selected was the local CBS affiliate so there isn't a subscription channel issue.  Again, remote not operation as is the selection buttons on the Hopper.  Only recourse was red button. 

It seems to have gotten worse with the latest Dish Remote app version 6.2.3. Tablet is a Amazon Fire HD10. 

arizonaswede
Character Actor

I have been patient for a long time on this horrid dish anywhere.

It has been bad for a long time on all my devices despite my blazing fast internet speeds both at home and on the road.

Time to cancel my accounts.  you guys have known this sucks for a long time

DISH Employee

Hello, Arizonaswede. We would hate to see you leave our DISH Family over this issue and we understand this issue with the DISH Anywhere app has been a frustrating one. Our engineering team is still working on resolving this issue. If there is any additional information that you can provide, such as your device that you're using and the software version of it, the version of the DISH Anywhere app, and the software version of your Hopper. This may help them find a solution a bit quicker. 

arizonaswede
Character Actor

nothing,  it seems,  will help them find a solution quicker.

you have been copying and pasting this same response for a year.

You lose all credibilty with canned responses to a very old problem.