Dish Anywhere Can't set recording Recording Errror

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere Can't set recording Recording Errror

Lowflyr50
Character Actor

I have tried several times to set up a recording from my Android phone only to continue to get a "Recording Error" and it won't set.  I can see my already recorded DVR shows, so I know the phone is communicating with the Hopper.

I have seen a couple theads going back some time about this, but there does not appear to be an answer to resolve it, unless I'm missing it.

What's the problem and can you please fix?

It's disapointing to try and get a recording set up so as to not miss a show I'm looking forward to.

Thank you.

7 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere Can't set recording Recording Errror

DISH Employee

Thank you for reaching out about this issue. There are a few things that we would like to review. Are you getting the same error message if you try to set up a recording through the DISH Anywhere website on a computer browser?

Lowflyr50
Character Actor
It will not work either in my android phone or computers.

DISH Employee

Ok. That does help to narrow down the issue. Have you gotten a similar error message when trying to set up a recording directly on your Hopper?

Lowflyr50
Character Actor

No, it records fine normally when using the remote.

DISH Employee

Thank you for that information. We will want to look further into this and see what our next steps will be for your account. Please send us a Private Message so we can do so. https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Lowflyr50
Character Actor

I'm not sure what you are asking about sending you a private message and what information should it contain?

DISH Employee

We request the Private Message so that we can receive the personal information on your account that will allows us to locate it in our system. To locate the account we would need the account number, the phone number, or the service address on file.