cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dish Anywhere Broken

tpribors
Audio Engineer

The dish anywhere subsystem is broken.  It worked this morning and when I just went to take my tablet outside it displayed a badly formed HTML warning and forced me to pair again, and again, and again, and again.  I rebooted the Hopper and the tablet.  Tried on my phone which hadn't been used for a day or two and it told me my receiver list had changed, forced me to pair again, and again and again.  Application on Windows through www.dishanhwyere.com won't log in.

It looks like the hopper suffered an update with software version U540 9/25/2019, 12:02AM

Don't you guys test stuff before you send it out to the world?   If you're looking for a new VP of software engineering I might even move back to Denver to get your orgainzation under control.

13 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere Broken

tpribors
Audio Engineer

Also, earlier this afternoon I'd noticed that the DVR program list had stopped sorting.   It also took a very long time to log in when the app started up. But it did work.  Then just now I started getting the bad HTML stuff and the infinite pairing requests.   I even tried logging in with a user/password and that fails too.  And yes, I purged cache and deleted all app data.  None of those things work.

MGHKRH
Extra

My NEW iPad has the same problem since I updated the app.  

cgraham7365
Extra

SAME ISSUE! Frustrating

Wolf2000
Extra
Mine not working either! I uninstalled the app, reset my hopper, restart my phone and reinstalled app, reset my modem, did this numerous times & a continuous loop of not recognizing my hopper; entered my IP address and connected hopper with PIN but Dish Anywhere app still failed. Been dealing with it all afternoon. Finally found this support chat to figure out its the app!! Ugh

rhbell45
Extra
Same problem here. First fire stick wouldn't work this morning. Kept asking to reactivate but got stuck in loop. 2nd fire stick worked for about 3 hours, then did the same thing. Reinstalled, cleared data and cache, still doesn't work. Then DA on Windows PC stopped streaming. live TV. Only device that still works is Android cell phone, except half the time it won't let me login. What's going on?

CoachHop46
Extra
Same problem! Super frustrating! What is the plan to fix this, Dish?

Wjelling
Extra
I am also stuck in the infinite pairing loop. No FOX11. No HBO. No FSW. Dish and AT&T uverse are pushing me to switch to Spectrum ASAP.

redlite
Audio Engineer

Got it to work on iPad by pairing with DVR. BUT!!!! Won't work with my HopperGo. When connecting my HopperGo to iPad wifi I get an error message that this HopperGo is on another Dish account. But works fine with my android Galaxy tablet.

Manxman
Extra

Totally unable to get out of the loop. Done the same as everyone else, to no avail.  Dishanywhere has had a pesky habit of asking to "activate your device" every two to three weeks.  That was annoying but at least it responded when I did so. Now I get "Computer Code" on my screen if it actually responds to my input on the PC or phone.  Most times the input on the phone or tablet goes without any response.  Frustrated, been liking Dish for over ten years but this is something they need to get on and fix.