Dish Anywhere Authentication

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere Authentication

Sandersohana
Extra

A couple of weeks ago we had Dish installed.  Since then, we have been trying to use the Dish Anywhere app on my wife and I's iPhone 7 Plus. We can log into Dish Anywhere on the computer and from the browser on the phones (albeit they won't playback anything on the phone because the browser needs a special plug-in).

When we try to log in with the Dish Anywhere app, there is an error that states "Failed to authenticate user credentials. Please enter your username/password and login again."  Resubmitting the credentials only brings up the same error message.

We have tried:

1. Resetting the Hopper receiver.

2. Deleting the app on the phones and reloading.

3. Signing into the My Dish app first then the Dish Anywhere app. Same error.

4. Tried to authorize phones through the computer program. No way to do it.

5. Checked phone settings and ensured that Dish is the TV Service Provider.

6. Talked to Customer Support but could not resolve issue.

It is strange that I can log-in the the Dish Anywhere website on my computer and I can log-in on the browser on the phones, but, I the app continually fails to authenticate. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

10 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere Authentication

DISH Employee

Sandersohana, this is a known issue for the iOS that our Engineering Team is currently working on a fix for. The current update on this fix is that it will be available on 07/02/18. Thank you for your patience while we work to get a permanent resolution for this error.

Sandersohana
Extra

Jasmine, thank you for the information. Will be looking forward to the rollout of the update.

pk
Extra

It has been going on for over 6 months.  Every since the update in Janurary.  The fix and no support.  How did they every earn JB Power.  I guess you can not count on JD Power.

mikebama
Costume Designer
Yeah when they can’t come up with a solution, there go to response is, “be patient”.

johnc
Extra

I had dish installed on Tuesday and have the same problem with Dish Anywhere.  Are you saying that there is no fix for iOS devices?  I have it on both my iPhone 8 which is running iOS 11.4 and my iPad 2 which is running  iOS 9.3.5.  I have also tried pairing with the hopper and while the Hopper says it was successful, the iPad fails with the same user authentication error.

Is there any workaround?

mikebama
Costume Designer
I don’t have a problem with watching Dish on any device except the Amazon Firestick. iPad, and iPhone 8 steam with no problems. The problem is dish released an app for fire stick that is incapable of working. every time I’ve contacted them over the last 4 weeks is for me to be patient. I use DirectTVNow. Works flawlessly in fire stick, and cheaper.

mikebama
Costume Designer
Dup

mikebama
Costume Designer
You’re too impatient. At least that’s what they tell me. Try DirectTVNow. Every time they come out with an update, that doesn’t address the issue, they say the “NEXT” update will fix it....

mikebama
Costume Designer
Just hang in there, and be patient if they won’t fix it this week, they’ll fix it next week. And if they can’t fix it then it would be the week afterward