cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere App won't even open on desktop

yolarrydabomb
Character Actor

According to debug.log from C:\Program Files (x86)\DishAnywherePlayer

[0707/042744:ERROR:gpu_child_thread.cc(143)] Exiting GPU process due to errors during initialization

This is not the first time this crap happen a lot everytime with your app has a new update or windows 10. pretty shame it doesn't even recongize my $700 Nvidia 1080 video card. Maybe its time to recode your crappy application all over. Windows Store or just simply let us watch tv from our own google chrome browser.  Yes I uninstalled, rebooted my whole entire system, update nividia. I'm tech person as well. 

Thanks 
Very valued 3-4 year customer that sick of having bug feature I can't use in my office in the house without someone from dish or microsoft killing it by each update. Smiley Mad Please fire the developer team and bring a more talented one in and look into this god awful mess that doesn't work.

10 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere App won't even open on desktop

DISH Employee

Hello, yolarrydabomb. I know these issues with the DISH Anywhere can be extremely frustrating. I would be happy to get this working for you like normal. This should work on Google Chrome using DISHAnywhere.com. Are you getting an error message when you try to access it through there? If you are, can you tell me what error message you're receiving please? 

yolarrydabomb
Character Actor

Nothing. I just hit Guide. Select a Channel. Hit the watch button and nothing. Dish anywhere app doesn't even open. 

DISH Employee

Thank you for providing that information. Have you already updated the DISH Anywhere player to the most recent version? 

yolarrydabomb
Character Actor

Uninstalled it and installed the latest from the website couple nights ago. build says 2.1.6.429 I believe

DISH Employee

That's right. This could be an issue with Chrome's cache/cookies. I know that I have faced weird issues myself and that resolved it. Have you tried clearing the cache/cookies through Google Chrome? 

I also want to let you know that this department will close at the end of the hour, so if I'm not able to get back to you tonight, one of our agents will answer tomorrow when we open. Our regular business hours are from 8 am to 12 am Eastern Time.

yolarrydabomb
Character Actor

Yeah I clear cache/cookies. I even try opening the dishanywhere desktop icon and nothing showed up. I have 2 desktops in the house. 1 works fine with almost the same hardware and the other doesn't. It did work last year without a hitch. My computer is malware free. debug.log shows that it's not recognizing my graphics card which is probably why it's not opening. everytime I deleted the debug.log and click watch. It creates the same log issue. 

Best to forward it to the team for a fix. I'm sure I not the only few people with high end graphics cards having this issue.

DISH Employee

I would be delighted to get this sent over to our Engineer Team to let them know about the issues you are experiencing..So our engineers have a better idea of what's going on, may I have the specs for your graphics card? 

To make sure we are able to target your account with a fix once it is available, would you please send me a Private Message with either your account number or the phone number associated with your account?

yolarrydabomb
Character Actor

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0  08G-P4-6286-KR, 8GB GDDR5X

Sending a Private Message your way. 

mikebama
Costume Designer
Since it’s been going on for months, and dish is aware of the problems with the app but their engineers developed, I would suggest this is by design. After being told for four weeks to be patient and that every new update was going to fix the problem, I canceled with another provider that actually has a functioning app