Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dish Anywhere App timers not recording

wstuartj
Extra

Hi!

I have a Dish service with a VIP722 set-top.  I've been using the Dish Anywhere app for years very successfully and without issue.  Recently, (roughly over the past 4 weeks) I have had issues setting up timers.  If I set a timer for recording inside the Dish Anywhere app, the timer will show up in my timers to record but the event/program will simply NOT record.  I can record without issue if I set up the timer inside the VIP722.  

Has anyone else encountered this issue?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

5 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere App timers not recording

DISH Employee

Hello wstuartj! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Just to verify, do you have your device connected to the internet via cable, phone, adapter, as well as connecting with the Sling Adapter?

wstuartj
Extra

Yes.  The VIP 722 is connected to the Internet via my internal Ethernet network which connects to a AT&T uVerse modem.  I have Sling adapter as well and all this has been working without issue for years.   I have not changed my network provider (AT&T) for about three or four years.

Thank you

DISH Employee

Due to a recent update the ability to access and create timers has been removed from receivers without the Sling adapter built in internally. 

wstuartj
Extra

Robert, Why was this done?  Is this a feature that will be turned back on?  

If not, seriously, I'll be calling and canceling my service.  

DISH Employee

I believe this was disabled due to a software incompatibility. It's possible that the feature will be readded but at this time I don't have any updates as to when it would occur.

We would hate to lose you as a valued DISH customer. This feature does still work on our newer model receivers. I'd be glad to review your account and check for available options to get your equipment upgraded to the new models.

If you are interested please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code.