Dish Anywhere App on Android phone

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere App on Android phone

USMCRet42
Character Actor
I have a Android phone and I have the Dish Anywhere App loaded on it. I recently tried to transfer some recordings to my phone to watch, offline. The recordings transferred, they disappeared from my DVR at home, and a significant amount of storage space was taken up on my phone, so obviously they were transferred but when I opened up the app there was no way to view them. Am I missing something here? Is there a video player that I need? The current Android version on my phone is 7.0
8 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere App on Android phone

We have not seen this. What type of phone are you using as well? They should show in more > tranfers
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

USMCRet42
Character Actor
The phone I'm using is a LG K8 V

Are you saying that nothing shows in more > transfers? Do you have more than one mobile device paired to the receiver? What events were these?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

USMCRet42
Character Actor
Okay, I figured it out and my transfers are showing up and I am able to view them.

USMCRet42
Character Actor
I do have another question. Why do I have to log into the Dish Anywhere App to view my transfers offline? If I'm not connected to the internet (ie wifi or using the data from my phone) then the app doesn't work. It's says I have to connect to the internet to log in, which doesn't make sense. If I'm flying or in a place that has now internet or my phone is unable to get a signal, then I won't be able to use the app.

DISH Employee
USMCRet42 wrote:
I do have another question. Why do I have to log into the Dish Anywhere App to view my transfers offline? If I'm not connected to the internet (ie wifi or using the data from my phone) then the app doesn't work. It's says I have to connect to the internet to log in, which doesn't make sense. If I'm flying or in a place that has now internet or my phone is unable to get a signal, then I won't be able to use the app.

The receiver in your home is streaming the TV shows thought the internet. Your cell phone would then connect to the internet to be able to access that stream through the app. In order to be able to use the DISH Anywhere service the receiver and mobile device have to be connected to the internet.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
IsraelH wrote:
USMCRet42 wrote:

The receiver in your home is streaming the TV shows thought the internet. Your cell phone would then connect to the internet to be able to access that stream through the app. In order to be able to use the DISH Anywhere service the receiver and mobile device have to be connected to the internet.

Israel, they are talking about the DVR transfer feature. If I am not mistaken, you must have some sort of signal to authenticate and then viewing would be offline.

USMCRet42
Character Actor
Yes, I'm specifically talking about the transfer feature and viewing transfers offline,not streaming. If you don't have a signal/some sort of internet connection then you can't open the app. Kind of defeats the purpose of "offline viewing" of transferred recordings.