cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dish Anywhere App not connecting

RGJS
Extra

Up until about 2 weeks ago, I had no issues using DishAnywere on my iphone, ipad and laptops.   Recently, when it attempts to connect, I receive the message:

Connection Failed

Unable to connect.  Please make sure your receiver and your device are connecgted to the internet and try again.  For more information visit mydish.com/connect

I've tried to uninstall the app and reinstall, rebooted the hopper, tried it on different iphones, ipads and laptops.   The only time it does work is if I am connected to the home wifi and at home.   So what good is that!

Any body know of a work around?   I contacted DISH and they said theyd open a ticket but couldn't tell me when they get to fixing it.    

19 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere App not connecting

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
What are the download and upload speeds at both locations? Based on what you said, it sounds like the upload speed the receiver is getting, may not be the best. You can test using speedtest.org or speedtest.net

Mrlogboy
Extra

I am having a similar issue on iphone 8 plus my speeds are 300+mbps up and down on fiber optics. has been working for ever till today but last time used on ipad/iphone/pc was friday(ish). on the app the hopper is shown as yellow and on hopper i am connected wirelessly ( again have been forever) and had 89% green. This jsut started this morning.

have refreshed internet on Hopper. rebooted router and devices. error 31 on Pc/Imac when tried

DISH Employee

Hi Mrlogboy! You did everything right. I'm going to go ahead and submit feedback about this over to my technical operations team so that they can take a look at this. You can also contact our internet department at 1-800-333-3474 to see if they have any other options available that can help fix this. 

Scheuch
Extra
I can’t get my app to open either - both iPhone 7 and iPad. It just sits on the black screen with “dish anywhere” and the spinning icon, never loads, never progresses, what a waste

DISH Employee

I am sorry that you encountered issue logging onto your account. There was some reported issues earlier today  however they have been resolved. Should you still be experiencing any issues please feel free to reach out to us.

Thefunks
Extra

Having the same problem on my iPad, makes dishanywhere useless.....

gfcima
Extra

I’m having same problem.   All my DISH Anywhere applications aren’t working 

Josha
Extra
I am having the same problem on LG stylo 5. Not able to connect through the app.

sjsherratt
Character Actor

Dish Anywhere is Dish Nowhere.   Does not work at all.  iPad.  iPhone.   Mac (Safari, Chrome).   iPad just sits there and spins "Signing In".   Getting ready to take Dish down and replace it with different services.   Tired of stuff not working.