Dish Anywhere App lost "Live TV"

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere App lost "Live TV"

tpribors
Audio Engineer

My Fire HD10 tablet downloaded version 6.1.8 of the Dish Anywhere app last night and now it is missing the "Live TV" button. This was located on the top right hand side of the "Home" row  next to the search icon.  It is nowhere to be found (unless it is well hidden, and it shouldn't be).   So how do I tune to live TV now?

7 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere App lost "Live TV"

peggyrh
Associate Producer

Noticed the same thing, had to go to guide & choose the channel.  Seems like a step backwards.

DISH Employee

Have you tried uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it?

tpribors
Audio Engineer

wrote:

Have you tried uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it?

Yes.  Cleared cache, then deleted all data (had to re-authorize) first. Still broken.  Then uninstalled/reinstalled.   Same thing.  The new version appeared on my Samsung S7 this morning and it is doing the same thing.

DISH Employee

Tbpribors, if you log into dishanywhere.com, are you able to see the Live TV button?

tpribors
Audio Engineer

Someone suggested I try this before.  On the Android you cannot access Dish Anywhere through a browser, only through the app and the app is what is broken.    Choosing a channel (any channel) from the guide, then using the "remote" once the live mode is open is a workaround. 

It's really frustrating that every time we get a software update to fix one thing that something else gets broken. 

DISH Employee

Toruvirsm what browser are you using to access dishanywhere.com? Have you tried using multiple browsers?

peggyrh
Associate Producer

Problem is with latest Dish Anywhere app, just updated my Fire tablet & same issue as other Android device - also no longer getting smooth playback even with a 55/6 connection (& I'm in the same room as router so it's not a signal issue).