Dish Anywhere App keeps telling me that my receiver is not connected to the internet.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Anywhere App keeps telling me that my receiver is not connected to the internet.

jalag5562
Extra
Hello, I been trying to make the dish anywhere App work on my phone and my other devices. First the app kept crashing at pairing. 2 weeks later I finally could pair it with my receiver. I can watch on demand stuff, but can't watch live TV, everytime I try it says my receiver is not connected to the internet, my receiver is connected, I'm home and still can't watch live TV on it.
5 Replies

Re: Dish Anywhere App keeps telling me that my receiver is not connected to the internet.

Chadt4141
Casting Director
What are the upload speeds for the receiver? You can test at speedtest.net

Re: Dish Anywhere App keeps telling me that my receiver is not connected to the internet.

jalag5562
Extra
Download 34.8 , upload 4.87

DISH Employee

Hello, jalag5562. I hate to hear that you're having an issue with accessing live TV from your DISH Anywhere App. I would be happy to help you. Which model of Hopper do you have? The model should be on the front of your receiver towards the left hand side. 

jalag5562
Extra
Hopper Duo

DISH Employee

Thank you for the information, jalag5562. To watch live TV through DISH Anywhere it does require a Sling device. These devices are built into some of the Hoppers. However, the Hopper Duo does not contain this device. This is why you're getting this error message when you try to access live TV.