I've mentioned this in the discussion of the "Dish Anywhere Constant Buffering" discussion. It just happened again and since I think this is a different problem I'll start a fresh discussion.
The problem occurred again this morning. I'm watching a recorded program on my tablet (a brand new Amazon Fire 10 with the latest version of the Dish app from the Amazon store). Suddently the spinner comes up and a minute or so later playback stops with something about "disconnecting because the Sling Engine is restarting".
I went to the TV at the Hopper and the screen is frozen. There was no response from the remote. Normally I press the "SAT" button on the side to switch the TV input to the Hopper (it was on another source). There was no response so I switched the input manually. The picture is just still frame. Then suddenly up comes an alert on the main screen:
Smartcard Incompatible 349
The smart card inserted is not compatible with the receiver.
Remove the smart card from the slot on the left hand side of the receiver and hold the power button down for 5 seconds until it resets.
There is no smart card (just the embedded one). I rebooted and things are fine (until it happens again).
As noted in the other topic, the alert when the system is frozen varies. On some occasions the Hopper isn't totally frozen as it was this time but is extremely sluggish, ie, remote control operations may take up to a minute to be acknowledged. When that happens though programming looks normal.
Hopper software version U510 3/12/2018 11:50PM
And it just did it again. Once again, watching a recorded program. I paused it on the tablet. When I resumed play the player froze and again the tablet displayed about the sling engine restarting. Went to the Hopper set, and again the remote wouldn't switch sources so manually switched. The TV displayed a message something about "programming unauthorized" with a frozen frame - the channel was on the local CBS channel. Before I could get the details the error message flashed to another error "Unsubscribed 014", This is a subscription channel which has not been [urchased. To purchase please call 1-800-333-DISH. As before the Hopper was completely unresponsive to any remote inputs. I had to press the red button to reset.
I don't know if it matters once the programming hits the recorder, but both programs (this one and the original report) were recorded content from the "Over the air" dongle.
Thanks JessicaM I will send you a note soon.
This morning it happened again and I think it may be reproducible. I repeated the sequence I did yesterday. Description follows:
1. The Hopper had a timer to record a program at 4:00AM to 5:00AM. This is the program I will be watching next, so the box has been idle for at least an hour. It may have rebooted earlier as the nightly reset but I don't know for sure. We have two wireless Joeys and they are both idle since before 10PM the night before.
2. I Time is about 7:30AM and the TV set is on another input. No other activity so this means that the Hopper probably has gone into a lower power mode and has been idle for close to 2.5 hours.
3. Start up tablet and Dish Anywhere app. Select DVR and start the program recorded earlier. App is only active client - TV is still idle and all Joeys are idle and probably in power down modes.
4. Before it gets more than 10 seconds into playback press pause. Return about 2 minutes later (with fresh cup of coffee ).
5. PRESSED FORWARD button (the skip 30 seconds right circle arrow). [I'd noticed I'd done that yesterday but it was a fat-finger event. Today I did it on purpose.] Spinner thing comes up.
6. Pressed the pause button (two square boxes). Still spinning.
7. About 30 seconds later the error box about Sling Box being restarted comes up.
8. Hopper is not responsive to remote, SAT button didn't switch TV to sat input. Switched manually, and the TV is frozen and unresponsive to remote. Screen says something about remote being in TV mode and to switch to SAT mode. I didn't leave it long enough but the other alerts would probably have come up had I waited.
I will try this again tomorrow morning to see if it repeats. I do think that pressing the skip forward button instead of the resume button confused the hopper.
I followed the exact same sequence as in the previous post and it locked up again. This time a Joey was active in another room. The tablet got the Sling Engine error and disconnected. I could hear the joey running. I quickly switched the TV to the Hopper and the picture played for a few seconds and then froze and then the Joey also froze a few seconds later (probably the Joey's buffer).
So I consider this reproducible. Is anyone going to look at it? I have an PM that I will follow up with shortly.
This is still happening. Except now instead of the procedure I outlined it is just happening at random times during playback. It is always with the playback of recorded content on an Android Tablet.
This problem is still present as of 7/5/18. All software on the tablet and Hopper are the latest versions. Once again, it is fairly reproducible:
On tablet Dish Anywhere select a DVR program for playback.
Before the program is more than 10 seconds press pause (I decided to get coffee)
It took maybe a minute to fill the cup. Press resume. Dish anywhere freezes. Left side button remote does not work, use TV and input select to select DVR port on TV and DISH is frozen. The "unauthorized programming" window came up a few seconds later.
Hi tpribors. So it seems like every time you see the freezing on DISH Anywhere, you're also getting either the authorization or smart card error at the Hopper, is that correct?
|Wednesday by comp-joe||7 Replies|
|Tuesday by smith3418||1 Replies|
|2 weeks ago by rwrogers||14 Replies|
|2 weeks ago by Nighthawk||2 Replies|