cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dish Amazon Fire Stick App

Ardell
Character Actor

I was so happy when I descoveredthe app for Fire Stick to have dish on the go, As a snowbirder it is nice to go away and see my recorded programs on the TV useing fire stick and app for dish anywere.  But why is it buffering all the time think the app or Dsh needs some upgrade.  I can watch a move on Amazon on the fire stick and there is no buffering but when I try to watch a recorded show on my Dish it buffers almost all the time.   WHY ?

9 Replies

Re: Dish Amazon Fire Stick App

Chadt4141
Production Manager
What are the upload speeds at the receiver location? There is a difference in slinging and watching on demand downloads.

Ardell
Character Actor
Our upload 10mbps  download download

Still not sure I understand why I can receive something else with no buffering wife even watches Thai tv on using an and paying for an app and no buffering.  why does it only do it watching Dish?

Ardell
Character Actor

download 100mbps

Chadt4141
Production Manager
What is the upload at the receiver location? I would recommend running it on speedtest.net. The download will be important at the sling location(where you are using DishAnywhere).

Chadt4141
Production Manager
Sorry, I missed your first post. Those are good speeds.

Ardell
Character Actor

Were we are staying the download is 11.8  and the upload 12.1

DISH Employee

Hey Ardell! You are certainly meeting the recommended upload/download speed, let's take a look at some other things that can be causing your programs to buffer. Do you experience this issue only while watching a program from your DVR or are you also experiencing this while streaming live content? When it buffers does it go to a black screen or is it just freezing/unfreezing? 

Ardell
Character Actor
Buffers on both live and recorded more on recorded picture freezes some times but other times it just a white circle showing it buffering.   No black screen picture freezes or keeps playing with a white circle going round and round middle of screen

DISH Employee

Let's change the picture resolution settings to help improve your viewing experience. Starting at the home page of the DISH Anywhere app, select the Settings icon on the top right corner. On the following screen highlight General, then arrow right to expand its menu. Highlight Video Quality, then arrow right to expand its menu. Toggle between HQ/SQ and let me know if this makes a difference.