DiscoveryGo

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DiscoveryGo

DISH Employee

Thanks for the additional information, lollie4281! I'll submit a request to have those seasons and episodes added. Since On Demand content is determined by the channel owners, we can't guarantee we'll be able to add it. 

Sometimes content on DISHAnywhere and the Hopper differ, so be sure to check out both in case you can get other content there. 

Adman
Extra

Add me to the list of customers upset with the inability to sign in to Discovery Go.  I have been a Dish customer for over 21 years and how am I rewarded?  Unable to stream channels I pay for; routine channel blackouts due to “contract negotiations” currently HBO unavailable; promotions for new customers only never see a loyalty promotion; program guide incorrectly listing shows and air dates which prevents shows being recorded, There is only so much customers are willing to put up with.

olpdog
Camera Crew

So we're missing DiscoveryGo (along with all the other Discovery network websites/apps), HBO, Cinemax, TVLand in HD & access to the TVLand website/apps and the video quality Dish uses is far below the quality DirecTV & most big cable companies use, at least according to what I have read (I have read that Dish uses 1440x1080 Vs. DirecTV's 1920x1080). I have been to a friend's home who has DirecTV and there was a significant difference in the quality of the image.

On the other hand, Dish has a far superior receiver, the PAC-12 Networks & NFL Redzone, which, when combined with the hassles & costs of installing a new satellite system, is why I have stuck with Dish for over 20 years.

Unfortunately, the negatives are starting to outweigh the positives with Dish. I don't want to turn to DirecTV, but without a decent cable company in my area, I may not have a choice.

DISH Employee

Hi Adman. I can understand how experiences those issues you've mentioned would get frustrating over time. Of course it's our goal to help make your experience better in any way possible. Though DiscoveryGo isn't currently accessible using DISH credentials, we are aware of the interest in being able to use the service and will keep that in mind when discussing possible changes for the future.

Your DISH bill will not be charged for any time without HBO/Cinemax. We apologize you have been impacted by HBO’s decision to remove their programming from our lineup. We are working hard to reach a mutually beneficial agreement.  For more information on that, visit DISHPromise.com.

It seems you may also have some account specific concerns you'd like to address with us. If so, feel free to send us a Private Message including the phone number and 4 digit PIN on file and we can get started. https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039