Deleting Program BUIG

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Program BUIG

Major Havoc
Visual Engineer
There is a problem with the Dish Anywhere page when viewing from a computer. It is EASILY possible to delete a recording. The Delete button does not ask for confirmation before deleting, and there is no way to recover deleted programs from the Web interface. AND, the program does NOT appear in the "Trash" on the Hopper either.

Here is what happened:

1). Log into Dish Anywhere on my PC, and click on DVR. Had not used it in a while, so was not familiar with the interface.
2). Saw a program I wanted to watch, so I moused over to it and CLICKED the program square (the obvious thing one would expect to do looking at the interface.)
3). However, a second or so after hovering, it seems the interface, on its own, "spins" the program square around to reveal some buttons. If there is only one recording, those buttons are WATCH and DELETE. And DELETE is placed dead center in the box, where one is most likely to click on the program image if you don't know it spins on its own.
4). So, since it spun around on its own (delayed) and since I clicked to select the program, the click ended up clicking on the DELETE button. What a surprise. The program vanished from the DVR listings. Oh crap!
5). I searched the interface for "Deleted Items" or TRASH. Nope, not present, or if present, I could not find it.
6). 5 minutes later, I am in front of my Hopper, and bring up the DVR, and go to TRASH so I could restore the program there. NOPE! Not in the trash.

Basically, the program (which was from Prime Time Anytime as a saved recording) was just gone now

There should never be a way to accidentally erase something, especially when there is no way to recover it. And why do you not ask me to confirm deleting an item on the web page? Especially if the UI allows one to so easily hit delete when simply trying to select the program. And the Delete button in the dead center? Seriously? It is typically not someone's first choice in this interface I would guess.

There are several things that need to be fixed here.
* Ignore the click on the program box, as the interface just screams out to be clicked to select a program. And definetly do not pass it on to the other side of the box where buttons live if clicked early.
* Move the delete button away from the center so it cannot be accidentally clicked so easily
* At least add the option to confirm deletes as we do on the set top.
* Add Deleted Items to the Dish Anywhere DVR interface, with the ability to recover an item, just like on the set top. Strange that this is missing.

Thanks for listening.
4 Replies

Re: Deleting Program BUIG

DISH Employee
This is something that has been discussed about adding a feature to the App so if you accidentally delete a recording off the App you can retrieve it. When you got back to the Hopper you are using, did you try to perform a search to get the programming back?

Major Havoc
Visual Engineer
Hi Mike. Yep. It did not exist. It was not in the DVR list, and my Trash area was empty.

However, I did not try "Search" to find it again, but rather found it in Hulu and watched there. Not a big loss, but just a bad bug IMO.

Thanks.
-Owen-

DISH Employee
I have added this to our in house forum to see if this (Deleted Recordings Folder) can be added.

Major Havoc
Visual Engineer
Thanks Mike. Much appreciated