Day 43 HopperGo not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 43 HopperGo not working

redlite
Audio Engineer

Still got a glitch, still not working on iPad, Galaxy Tablet, Galaxy S9 phones, only working on older iPod running IOS 9. Everything connects to my DVRs just fine. Still a $99 paperweight. 

6 weeks now and counting

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Day 43 HopperGo not working

baldman1
Visual Engineer

@redlite wrote:

Still got a glitch, still not working on iPad, Galaxy Tablet, Galaxy S9 phones, only working on older iPod running IOS 9. Everything connects to my DVRs just fine. Still a $99 paperweight. 

6 weeks now and counting

See you next week at day 50.Smiley LOL

DISH Employee

redlite, if you haven't yet, please try plugging the HopperGO into the receiver and allowing it to air again; transferred content should still be present. 

redlite
Audio Engineer

RositaL Tried that on Oct 16, didn't work

DISH Employee

Thank you. As of now this is the latest known work around. Our Engineering Team continues to work towards a permanent solution. 

jagrims
Extra

Bull**bleep** your engineering team continues to try and work for a solution.  You've resorted to telling everyone they can just "stream" via a web browser at the dishanywhere site.  Which is true.  EXCEPT when you don't have access to Internet service!  Or if your Hopper 3 doesn't have access to regular internet service.  Then you CANNOT do anything "on the go" unless you had the HopperGO and the DISH Anywhere app.  But DISH has stopped supporting the app and moved clearly to a web-based steaming method only and doesn't care or doesn't think about the fact that not ALL of their customers are going to have access to internet ALL of the time.  DISH marketed the HopperGO device SPECIFICALLY to customers because you could "take it with you" and still watch your programs when you didn't have access to internet!!!!  I bought this device for $99 and then within a year DISH must've decided screw it....we aren't supporting our equipment anymore and everyone should just stream if they want to watch programs away from home.  Well.....that doesn't work for a large majority of customers, I'm sorry!  Get your ducks in a row and fix this mess!  And it shouldn't take a team of engineers FOREVER to come up with a fix.  Its been a known problem for months, probably even close to a year now!  There is no reason (other than complete incompetence or total lack of caring for customer satisfaction) that a solution has not been found, that apps have not been updated and supported like they should have been all along.  It's a disgrace how companies operate today, and all they do is give you bull**bleep** company lines.....they don't actually care about your problems or issues with their service, they just tell you that they care about it and are working to resolve them.....and then they do nothing. 

DISH Employee

We know that these technical issues can be upsetting. In order to ensure that the problem is corrected as quickly as possible, I have submitted feedback to let our Technical Operations team know that you are experiencing this issue.

With Known Issues, the timeline of the resolution will depend on what the issue is exactly, and what the resolution is needed.