DAS Learn More popup preventing playing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAS Learn More popup preventing playing

Dish4DP
Extra
When I bring up a DVR recording on the Dish Anywhere Slingplayer (DAS) app on the computer, it brings it up with a popup that says, "Take Your TV Everywhere You Go. You could be watching your TV on this computer with a Sling Adapter. Would you like to learn more?" Beyond the fact that is not a true statement on a Windows 10 computer, it doesn't matter what I pick, it will not let me watch anything. The "Learn More" button takes me to a marketing page on the iPhone/Android apps. The "Close" button tells me I am connected to the <Hopper Name> and to "Please select a program to start streaming. Selecting a program (again) just starts the loop over. You would think the programmers would both test enough to know this doesn't even apply to a Windows 10 computer as well as test the loop that results.
2 Replies

Re: DAS Learn More popup preventing playing

Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies for you browser or tried a new browser? What is your receiver model?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Re: DAS Learn More popup preventing playing

Dish4DP
Extra
Receiver model is Hopper 3. Yes, I cleared the browser caches of all three browsers I tried for IE11, Edge 12, and most recent Firefox. But the issue was with the Dish Anywhere Slingplayer. I uninstalled and reinstalled a few hours ago but no joy. In the last 30 minutes it just started working again. No explanation on this end as the computer is only used for TV and it sat doing nothing over the past few hours. But it is ok now.