Changing local channels in MyDish app

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing local channels in MyDish app

Vsheetz
Character Actor

RV traveler here. Supposed to be able to now finally change local channels address in the MyDish app. However the option does not appear. Only the option to reauthorize a receiver appears. Why?? Thanks. Vince.

14 Replies

Re: Changing local channels in MyDish app

Chadt4141
Casting Director
Is this an RV only account? Or do you have services at home as well? I remember reading it is only for Dish Outdoor accounts.

Vsheetz
Character Actor
Yes. I have residence and RV. Hopper in the residence and two Wally in the RV. When I go into the app I have a Dish Outdoor section - also a place there where it says check to see your receivers are included in Dish Outdoor (all equipment is listed).

Chadt4141
Casting Director
Like I said, the report that I read, it was for Dish Outdoors only accounts. Being a Home account as well, likely prevents the change from taking place. That is why you’re not seeing the option.

Vsheetz
Character Actor
Thanks. I've seen that reasoning as well. Also seen various other reasoning - staged roll out, app version upgrade needed, etc. To include differing answers from Dish reps (not surprising...). The mixed or hybrid usage doesn't make sense as a limitation. Many RV'ers have such setups. I would like to see an authoritative answer from Dish.

Chadt4141
Casting Director

Vsheetz
Character Actor
Thanks. Read through all 67 entries in the thread. At one place it comments you just need to have an additional solo receiver for $7 month and you are an Outdoor TV member. I have that... So appears a flag in my account needs to be changed. I have no great faith a call to Dish will get it straight... Overall the confusion on this app feature is pretty sad...

Djbriggs56
Extra
I am having the same problem. An RV'er as well and was told by several Dish reps that it should be there under services in the app. I have Dish Outdoors tagged on my account and have uninstalled as no reinstalled several times, still no luck. After many conversations with Dish all they could offer for help was to create a problem ticket. That w as s a couple months ago. Still no help......

Djbriggs56
Extra
I am having the same problem. An RV'er as well and was 545001. by several Dish reps that it should be there under services in the app. I have Dish Outdoors tagged on my account and have uninstalled as no reinstalled several times, still no luck. After many conversations with Dish all they could offer for help was to create a problem ticket. That w as s a couple months ago. Still no help......

Vsheetz
Character Actor
I had a good conversation with an escalation point person at Dish. If you have a residential account with equipment in your RV added, the option will not be offered in the app. It has to do with FCC regulations and area licencing. If you only have equipment in your RV - then the option can be offered in the app.