Cannot watch recorded programs, always get live tv

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot watch recorded programs, always get live tv

spotlightlover
Character Actor
I apologize if this has already been discussed, but the search function kept telling me all my words are too common.

Using the Dish Anywhere Slingplayer and Sling devices connected to two different 722 receivers, I am able to watch live TV with no problem. But if I click on "Watch" for any one of my pre-recorded programs, all I get is live tv of the channel that tuner 2 is on (even when tuner 2 is not recording a program).
5 Replies

Re: Cannot watch recorded programs, always get live tv

sivanaaz
Extra
I am having the exact same problem!! Cant watch my DVR shows... always goes to the same live channel... :!:

sivanaaz
Extra
!! I rebooted my Receiver and that fixed the problem....

spotlightlover
Character Actor
I will try rebooting.

blautens
Character Actor
Yeah, that used to be a fairly frequent problem before I upgraded to the Hopper 3...rebooting the receiver was the only solution I ever found (uninstalling/reinstalling app didn't help - wasn't related to platform of client, etc.).

*sigh* - I miss the good old days - when I could actually use my Dish Anywhere and when it broke just reboot the receiver...

The funny part is, many, MANY years ago, before I'd even heard of Dish, I bought a SlingBox (before HD even), and I watched it on my Windows Mobile 5.x phones (yeah - that old) and PCs...and it worked. And I never rebooted it. Funny, huh?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
blautens wrote:
Yeah, that used to be a fairly frequent problem before I upgraded to the Hopper 3...rebooting the receiver was the only solution I ever found (uninstalling/reinstalling app didn't help - wasn't related to platform of client, etc.).

*sigh* - I miss the good old days - when I could actually use my Dish Anywhere and when it broke just reboot the receiver...

The funny part is, many, MANY years ago, before I'd even heard of Dish, I bought a SlingBox (before HD even), and I watched it on my Windows Mobile 5.x phones (yeah - that old) and PCs...and it worked. And I never rebooted it. Funny, huh?

Although from the same company, the Sling and Sling Box are two completely different devices. SlingBox doesn't have software licenses and DRM to worry about, whereas the Sling in the Dish boxes does have much more that it has to do.