Can't transfer shows from Hopper/DVR to iPad mini4!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't transfer shows from Hopper/DVR to iPad mini4!

ftcaseylit
Extra
I just got a new I-pad mini, and everything works fine except trying to transfer shows from my DVR to this iPad. Dish anywhere shows I am connected to my hopper living-room1 but won't allow downloads to my iPad from DVR (stays in "waiting to transfer" mode and pressed various buttons including edit on the transfer screen. One time it said it was not connecting with the hopper, even though the rest of the dish anywhere APP said it was connected. Here's what I tried to do to fix this problem with no results:

1. Restarted the hopper
2. Restarted my iPad
3. Restarted Dish Anywhere APP
4. Logged out and in of Dish Anywhere and tried putting in IP address of my hopper which was rejected.
5. Called Dish Technical Support to look at this but no fixes were found.
6. Both iPad and dish internet were connected with dlink-A726 wifi.

Anyone here have any suggestions on how to get transfer to work with my iPad? Thanks
3 Replies

Re: Can't transfer shows from Hopper/DVR to iPad mini4!

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Are both connected on the same network. I have two networks in my house. 2.4Gz and 5Gz. Both named very similarly and switch between frequencies depending on what I am doing.

amwoolf
Camera Crew

I just tried doing this also and it doesn't work. I can watch live tv or DVR recordings but can't transfer programs. I wanted to do this to watch on a long airplane ride. Called Dish and was told you can't transfer to mobile devices but need to purchase the HopperGo for $99. If I can view the program on my iPad don't understand why it can't be transferred to the iPad. OK, the HoppeGo allows several (5) people to connect at once but I don't really need this. Not customer friendly to force a person to purchase an item not needed and maybe unsed once in a while.

DISH Employee

When you go into the DISHAnywhere App on the iPad, does it let you select on "Transfer" at all, after selecting a recording you want transferred?