CNN Live Stream NOT Working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNN Live Stream NOT Working

LinseyDish
Character Actor

Since this morning, for the first time, whenever I attempt to live stream CNN using either CNN Go on a phone or Apple TV, or laptop using any of Safari, Firefox, and Chrome - I get this message:

You do not have a subscription to view the requested content. To upgrade your programming go to mydish.com/programming and then log back in to view content.
Back to CNN - Sign in with another provider

Z100

My subscription plan has included CNN for years. Nothing has changed - except CNN is seemingly now being told by Dish Network that I am not paying for CNN.

Help?

10 Replies

Re: CNN Live Stream NOT Working

LinseyDish
Character Actor

And now I try the Fox News app on my Apple TV and it says:

Unauthorized

Your TV provider does not have acces to this show. Please contact your TV provider.

-Go Back-

So, I called tech support and they keep me on the phone for over 90 minutes and then accidentally hang up on me - twice today.

DISH Employee

Very sorry to hear this is happening Linsey!  Can I confirm what programming package you subscribe to with Dish?  Is it the America's Top 120?  Dish America?  A Dish Latino package?

LinseyDish
Character Actor

Dish America is my package, but when I sign in to look at this spec on my account, it says, "Package No Longer Sold." Maybe that helps?

I'm thinking about having my son call tech support again today, but yesterday he got so much run around that he actually insisted that, "they are too incompenetent to even work at McDonald's."

DISH Employee

Thank you for the confirmation, we have recieved some reports from other customers and so far it does appear to be related to the package on the account.  Our  escalation teams and investigating now, and hopefully we will have a resolution as soon as possible!

I am going to be out of office all of next week, but if we do manage  to make real progress on this issue today I will reply back with a follow up.

Thanks again for this report, and we will do our best to get it fixed quick!

LinseyDish
Character Actor

Phone support said mine was, "the first report of something like this," and "no one else has reported any issues."

Seriously, the phone support I recieved yesterday was such an insincere and dishonest WASTE of my time and energy that Dish should just fire everyone I spoke with about this issue.

Thanks for acknowledging that I do, indeed, have a problem that orginates from, and can only be solved by, Dish Network.

LinseyDish
Character Actor

I struggle to understand how Jason_C is the ONLY Dish Network employee who can help solve my account problem, and since he will be out of the office every day next week, today is the only day I might get some help within the next 8 business days.

SAD.

LinseyDish
Character Actor

If I am going to be locked out of live streaming services for the next week, then I need my bill pro-rated to reflect my service outage. Dish Network owes it to me. I hope it wont be too big of struggle to get this done!

Ozarks
Extra
Go to FOX News and live stream for free there. CNN has gone through changes because they were fined for inaccurate reporting. They charge viewers in order to pay the fine.

DISH Employee

Well as it turns out I am in office today despite not expecting to be due to unforseen circumstances.  I can't really promise anything, but based on what I was told, they expect to have this issue resolved sometime in the next 48 horus.  Hopefully sooner rather than later, but don't hold me to that.

I can assure that the teams who can fix this are engaged and doing their best to resolve it.