Buffering and Streaming issues with DISH Anywhere Firestick 4K

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering and Streaming issues with DISH Anywhere Firestick 4K

Crank
Character Actor

I purchased the ethernet connection device because I was experiencing constant bufferiing with my WIFI connection on my Amazon Firestick 4K and Dish Anywhere App.  The problem is even worse with the wired connection.  I have seamless connection while watching everything else on my Amazon Firestick 4. Dishanywhere app has a major issue.  Does anyone have a suggestion regarding the constant buffering problem and wired connection?

7 Replies

Re: Buffering and Streaming issues with DISH Anywhere Firestick 4K

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
What are your upload speeds at the home site, and the download speeds at the viewing location.

Crank
Character Actor

Download 114.6

Upload 10.7

DISH Employee

Thanks for this report Crank, sorry to hear you are having all these issues with Dish Anywhere on your Firestick 4k.  This definitely seems odd, and to my knowledge we have not seen similar reports from other users of the firestick that match this. 

If you could send me a private message with the phone number on your Dish account I would be happy to dig a bit on this and see if I can find out more data on what could be causing this.

If you have never sent a PM on this site before here is a link to a great tutorial on how to do so: 

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/m-p/15039#M421

Crank
Character Actor

Odd that you have not seen this issue since the community is full of people screaming due setto the buffering issue.  I have set my IP to static and will see if this helps the nexxt time I use DA. If it does not I will certainly PM you, Jason_C.

DISH Employee

Sure thing Crank, just let me know and we will go from there!  If a static IP does help I would like to know as well, as this is a detail I can get to the relevant teams.

mcgrew77
Character Actor

I did some experimenting just to see if it was the app or the hardware.  I’ve tried the DISH Anywhere app on a few different fire sticks and a couple different android TV boxes. The same buffering issue exists on all of the above! This is complete BS! A large company like Dish should be able to get their app working properly and it shouldn’t take over a year to do so. 

mcgrew77
Character Actor

Did setting the IP to static help?