Bad lipsync issues with DISH Anywhere

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad lipsync issues with DISH Anywhere

BillK
Audio Engineer
I have had really bad luck watching live TV or my DVR from my Hopper 3 remotely using DISH Anywhere.

It will start fine, but over the course of anywhere from thirty seconds to a few minutes lipsync will get further and further off, requiring me to stop the player and restart it to get things back in sync, only to have to do it again a few minutes later.

The bandwidth up and down was more than adequate, and lipsync tends to go long before the video starts getting choppy. This was via Safari logged into dishanywhere.com on macOS.

Is this normal, or is there something else I should try?
Tags (1)
2 Replies

Re: Bad lipsync issues with DISH Anywhere

DISH Employee
Does it also happen on the Hopper itself when you view programming? Is it happening on every single event you're watching?

To begin with, I would recommend resetting the Hopper (a reboot can be done remotely through Dish Anywhere by going to Account and Devices, and clicking Reboot Receiver) by unplugging it from the power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Rebooting through Dish Anywhere may help, but if possible resetting it this way would be optimal.

Another thing -- did you try toggling the quality between HD/SD to see if one performed better than the other?

Re: Bad lipsync issues with DISH Anywhere

BillK
Audio Engineer
This is only when viewing via the DishAnywhere web site.

Everything works properly viewing the Hopper on a TV.

This was HD content being played back delayed (e.g. about 45 minutes back into a live recording.)
Tags (1)