Amazon Fire Tv & Dish Anywhere stopped working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Fire Tv & Dish Anywhere stopped working

Crockie
Camera Crew

I purchased the Amazon Fire TV so I could watch live Tv or DVR programs in a bedroom without a Joey.  It worked great for a week and a half and then the Fire TV prompted me to Activate my Dish Anywhere App as if it were the first time using it on the Fire TV.

The Fire Tv (stick) screen puts up an activation code, I log on to the website: DishAnywhere/activate.com and enter the code and it says it is successfully registered.  The Fire Stick appears to be logging in to Dish Anywehere only to loop back to the Activate screen again.  It's a vicious loop.

I have performed the usual troubleshooting methods: uninstalled the Dish Anywhere App from the Fire Tv, restored the Fire Tv to factory settibgs, reset the Hopper, reset the modem and router.  You name it, I've tried it - more than once.  I've spent an additional hour of my time using the chat version of technical support with a Dish rep who ended up asking me to call and speak to (what I assumed) a higher level tech only to be told:

It is an issue but at this point it is not at the forefront to be addressed because the issue is not widespread.  She assured me that it is however being investigated.  She could give me no timeframe and said to just keep checking back.  Not exactly what I call great customer service.  

I then spoke with Amazon Tech support and she escalated it up the ladder of technicians and says I will receive a call with two to three days.  

I am very dissatisfied with the level of urgency for a product that Dish advertises and supports.  This is on the verge of being ridiculous.

Tags (1)
55 Replies

Re: Amazon Fire Tv & Dish Anywhere stopped working

DISH Employee

Hello, Crockie. I understand why this would be completely frustrating to have the DISH Anywhere App work perfectly on your Fire TV and then just stop. When you report an issue to us we forward it to our Engineering Team. The reason why we don't have an exact date of when it will be fixed is because it does take the up to 14 days to investigate the issue, and then a bit more time to find a fix for it. We are not trying to keep our members in the dark, and I do apologize if that's how it feels.

We do have some good news! We are estimating that the update to the DISH Anywhere App will come out on 06/30. This should help resolve this issue.  

Crockie
Camera Crew

Hello and thank you for your reply.  I'm afraid I let my frustration get the better of me.  I apologise for the tone of my post and do understand things take time.  Thank you again for the update.

Best regards,

Crockie

Crockie
Camera Crew

Hi Caleb-

Any update on the update?  Dish Anywhere is still not working with the Amazon Fire Tv or the Ipad.

Thanks~

DISH Employee

Hey Crockie. Did some checking on this and the update is set to go live later today 7/2. I don't have an exact time currently. This should fix the activation loop on Fire TV devices.

Crockie
Camera Crew

Awesome!  Thank you for your timely reply, RobertS!

mikebama
Costume Designer
I hope you have better luck with Amazon fire stick tech-support than I did. My problem is been going on for two weeks. They told me to be patient. The only reason I purchased a fire stick was for dish anywhere. Amazon tech-support has been zero help on this issue.

mikebama
Costume Designer
It is now 3 July, issue has not been resolved. I actually have five fire sticks dish anywhere will not Authorize any of them .Please note that all fire sticks have been Deauthorized and I am only trying to authorize one fire stick at a time with dish anywhere. I just tried it five minutes ago I still get loop.

mikebama
Costume Designer
?????

mikebama
Costume Designer
Just from my experience on July 3 after an uninstall and reinstall for dish anywhere app, if they did do an update, they didn’t bother address in the looping error. You shouldn’t be worried about being frustrated. They don’t give fire sticks away. I spent good money for mine. All I’ve been trying from Amazon for them to stand behind the product and give me a refund.