802 Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

802 Update

terry614
Camera Crew
After 4days if trying everything to get this update with no luck , I turned on my bedroom Wally last night and that one had updated. Connected to the same satellite dish as the living room receiver. Got up this morning after leaving the living room receiver locked on satellite 119 and in standby mode all night with great expectations that it too would be updated. NOT. Frustration level is off the chart. I guess I just need to torn it off and come back in a week and see if a miracle has happened 🤪
6 Replies

Re: 802 Update

JKJASINSKI
Costume Designer
Same here, many days of locking on 119, doing partial resets, standby mode, etc. I get escalated to someone who says there is nothing else they can do for me. They said I need th o go to DISH support place and have then download the software from hard satellite. They suggest Camping World. Call 2 different Camping Worlds (I have 2 of them 120 miles away, different directions) morning, they have no idea what I'm talking about. They do installs only and don't have a satellite to connect to. Next Support place on the list in Wilmington, NC, phone has been disconnected. DISH is horrible. Will never recommend. Going back to DIRECTV, never had a signal issue.

JKJASINSKI
Costume Designer
My bedroom receiver just updated to U802. I pressed the standby button everytime I walked by it today.🤪 The one in the living room still hasn't updated. Did you have any luck getting the second receiver to update?

terry614
Camera Crew
No as of this morning still nothing. I’m trying a manual update right now but it’s not working. It just locks on the “Downloading” screen. That is as far as it will go. I’m going to move bedroom receiver to living room and put living room one in the hey. Maybe it has something to do with the controller that runs the satellite dish. Support from DISH is worthless so we are left to try stuff on our own. My next step will be to have them turn service to that receiver off. I’ll leave it off for a few days then give it one more try.

I’ve been trying to update since last week. So fed up with this stuff. Spent ALL day yesterday on the phone with them with no resolution. I even tried my other box that I had deactivated and that won’t update at all. Still has software version 449 on it. Dish definitely has issues that they have admitted to and Winegard even said after testing my satellite. Sad. Ready for directv.
Highlighted

DISH Employee

I can definitely understand your frustration when it comes to the software not updating. The work around that has been resolving this issue is placing your receiver in standby until the guide download completes. Once the guide has finished downloading, the software should update. We are currently reporting this issue to our Engineering Team, and they are working on finding a permanent resolution. And since the work around did not resolve your issue, I can also submit this feedback. If you would like for me to add your account to the report, please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on the account so that I can access and report your account. You can use this link for information on to send a Private Message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Pakrat46
Character Actor
Try chnl 171, tap power 1 time. Do when you go to bed as most updates are at 4 AM. We just finally got ours to update to U802. Major pita.