Search filters for Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search filters for Hopper 3

Whiskey
Extra

I guess the Hopper 3 took a giant step backward. Just got this thing, and first thing I wanted to do was set up recording to the DVR. Gee, let's try movie dramas, nope. Ok how about movie comedies, nope. War documentaries? Nope. It's like going  from a landline phone with phone book to a cell phone with nothing. Have to know what channel a program is on?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Now the sports app is ok, but I want a search for anything I want app, with filters like my 621. Dish engineers only used the guide to find programming? Really?

Tags (2)
6 Replies

Re: Search filters for Hopper 3

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You can search that way, using the voice feature on the remote.
Tags (1)

Ggoodlett
Character Actor
Just suppose that one does not have the voice remote... Your suggestion is a ridiculous workaround for some pretty lame engineering.
Just sayin’

Ggoodlett
Character Actor
Agree. There have been a number of features removed from the Hopper receivers that were quite popular on older receivers, e.g. Dish Pass, genre filters. A software designer is supposed to gather requirements from the user community, as opposed to taking it upon himself to provide only those features which he prefers.
Here we sit a year later, and nothing, sans purchasing a voice remote, has been done to resolve these shortcomings. Sad.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Dish Pass is still an option, it is just listed as “Record when available” now.
With how many steps forward there have been, and even with the option still available, any steps backwards have already been covered. There is a reason there are only a couple of posts about this, and not a frequent amount. They did listen to their customers. It is important to remember that a feature changing that you personally liked, does not mean they are not listening to customers. Just that they are progressing with the largest base possible.

Ggoodlett
Character Actor
Yes, but that option isn’t always available. I’d like to know the logic behind what determines when it is and isn’t presented for selection. I’ve never been able to figure it out. It doesn’t begin to work the way Dish Pass did.

As for the search filters, looks to me like quite a few customers are unhappy about the removal of that feature. You’d have a hard time convincing me that fewer than 50% of your customers would like to filter search results on genre, year released, etc. I used that feature almost daily.

I wanted to search war movies that were available over this Memorial Day weekend. Do you have any idea how long it takes to go through the guide looking for movies of interest? Leaving filtering functionality out of the search logic was a monumental oversight.

I agree that many very useful features have been added to the Hopper receivers, but there was no reason to drop the useful features which were available on the classic receivers for several years. I’ve kept a classic receiver in my RV for that very purpose.

Please make it known to your design engineers that many of your customers would like to have that feature and a more robust, read always available, Record When Available feature.

I have been a Dish customer for over 15 years.

Respectfully,
G. Goodlett

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
What are you basing your 50% off of? Absolutely zero indicators that there are over 4.5 million people that want that feature. That is the same thought process as the HBO fans that do not want to get HBONow, even though there were facts showing less than 20% subscribed to HBO.

As far as the record when available, go to summary.