Please bring an "add locals" button to all Hoppers for OTA channels...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please bring an "add locals" button to all Hoppers for OTA channels...

eman926
Camera Crew

I know you can scan for OTA channels with the scan feature on any of the Hoppers, but when you rotate your antenna, and scan your OTA channels in a different direction, you lose your previously scanned OTA channels.  A long time ago, you guys had an "add locals" button on the Hoppers (which was meant for adding scanned OTA channels without deleting previous ones), but it was never activated.  Please bring the button back and actually have it enabled this time.

1 Reply

Re: Please bring an "add locals" button to all Hoppers for OTA channels...

d4g4m
Visual Engineer

When you do a channel scan, the TV tuner will list only channels it receives from the transmission tower where the antenna is pointed. If you change the pointing direction of the antenna to another transmission tower, it will list the channels of the new direction. Since it can't receive a signal from the previous transmission tower, no channels would be listed from it.  Some TV's, like my Samsung, add channels automatically without doing a scan. When ever a prime adds a sub, it is added. My TV tuner is too aggressive and adds 'bounce' signals [from a distant city and not in line] which usually displays as a 'no signal' screen.

If your TV adds channels without doing a scan, you might be able to list and receive signals when you rorate the antenna from two transmission towers