Hopper3 Temperature

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper3 Temperature

CoCoDave
Camera Crew

Any way to get the internal temperature of a Hopper3?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hopper3 Temperature

DISH Employee

Hey CoCoDave, no, there is no way to proactively see the internal temperature of the Hopper in the current interface.  That being said, if the Hopper (or any other Dish receiver) is in danger of overheating there is an automatic error message that will appear alerting you to the fact.  This error message will also include the current internal temperature of the Hopper at that time.

5 Replies

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
In the diagnostics, there is/was. I’d have to look in my system to walk you through. If I find time this evening, I will post the exact steps.

DISH Employee

Hey CoCoDave, no, there is no way to proactively see the internal temperature of the Hopper in the current interface.  That being said, if the Hopper (or any other Dish receiver) is in danger of overheating there is an automatic error message that will appear alerting you to the fact.  This error message will also include the current internal temperature of the Hopper at that time.

CoCoDave
Camera Crew

Thanks Chad and Jason.  It's too bad that one cannot look at temperature since it's available to display as part of an error message.  Our Hopper3 is in a cubby hole in our motor home.  I've gone to some trouble to install fans to help evacuate warm air.  It would be handy to know how well they were working when the sun hits that portion of the coach and the temperature gets noticeably warmer.

DISH Employee

I definitely see how knowing the temp could be useful in your situation Dave, I will forward the feedback along and see if it can maybe be added into the diagnostics like Chad mentioned.

CoCoDave
Camera Crew

Thanks.  That'd be good if they could make the temperature info available.