Hopper 2000

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 2000

Dieselguy95
Character Actor
The hopper 2000 should have an external wifi adapter included with it, so people can use all the features they pay for with out spending more money on stuff to use all their features
Tags (1)
8 Replies

Re: Hopper 2000

Chadt4141
Casting Director
All the internet based features on the H1, you do not pay for. They are complimentary, so you’d be literally getting everything you pay for without. If you upgrade to an H2 or H3, WiFi is built in. You can also plug an Ethernet cable to the H1 to get it connected. That’s actually the solution to WiFi errors on the other 2 boxes as well.
Lastly, you can explore the option of a HIC(which would be the most recommended for an h1).

Dieselguy95
Character Actor
So I could cancel my service an buy a wifi adapter and only use on demand, watch ppv, and use my dish anywhere? No I can not I pay $100mo for the stuff I want and still have to buy a wifi adapter to use features I pay for that ARE NOT on other packages. I've seen my bill I do pay for stuff I need wifi for.

Chadt4141
Casting Director
No, you pay for the linear channels. The VOD, DishAnywhere and all other IP related services come complimentary with that subscription. Which is why you do not pay more for having an h3 than and H1. I think you may be confusing the two.
Also, as stated, there are a number of ways to get internet on your receiver. The standard is and always will be Ethernet. If you want more than that(maybe positioning of the receiver from your modem) and it is your responsibility to continue there. You also do not pay less if you do not have internet, because those services, again, are complimentary. I would encourage reading over your service agreement where it covers this.

Dieselguy95
Character Actor
Actually your bill is higher with an h3 over an h1, I called dish an they said my bill would go up per mo if I got an h2 or h3.
Tags (1)

Chadt4141
Casting Director
They are both $15 per month. However, you may be grandfathered into a smaller rate as having the equipment prior to the increase in the DVR service fee. You’re welcome to review the fees on the service agreement at mydish.com/legal. It’s all listed out there.

Dieselguy95
Character Actor
How are they both $15mo if my bill will increase as in go up if I get a h3? Itll go up another $15 if I get an h3 I already talked to dish sales dept.

Chadt4141
Casting Director
You’re grandfathered into the lower rate. The actual everyday rate is the same. Same thing would happen if you downgraded, then upgraded back to the H1... you’d be paying $15

Dieselguy95
Character Actor
Ok I have an update, an no i just got dish a few weeks ago for the first time. But i ended up buying a netgear powerline 1000 which is basically a wireless ethernet for $17 from walmart an it works beautifully.