Dish needs an Amazon Prime Video App.!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish needs an Amazon Prime Video App.!!

utdubob
Camera Crew

@gdarb wrote:

Agree.  I have a smart TV so I have the Amazon app but I have to use my TV remote to access it.  Would make things much easier to just access the Amazon app with the Dish remote...

Ya think? 😊

utdubob
Camera Crew
So - is ANYBODY at DISH reading this thread? Or is this thread just a sounding board where discontented customers can P & M about perceived shortcomings of DISH service? It would be nice to actually hear from a DISH employee about this topic. I think its fairly obvious to the most casual observer that we customers are pretty much 100% in favor of seeing an Amazon app built into the Hopper 3 software. Obligations be damned Peggy (no disrespect intended); why doesn't DISH respond with some facts as to why they either can't supply the app or they just choose not too. Seems like a very simple request to me.

map1pa
Costume Designer
So agree! Given the loss of HBO, Dish should add this app as a goodwill convenience to subscribers. Then I won’t have to switch inputs and hit a lot of buttons. Dish, are you listening?? Here’s an opportunity to do something for your remaining subscribers!!

What will it take for Dish to add Amazon Prime and HULU?  I have heard for years that they are considering this but still no action has been taken.  I hate switching between dish and the stick.  Dish has way to many crappy infomercials of which is irritating that we are paying the price we are for limited TV.  We are just about to cancel and pay for the other streaming options where there is more of a variety.  Get off the pot Dish and start inplimenting the other options.

peggyrh
Casting Director
Maybe Amazon would rather sell you one of their own Fire products than allow Dish to include an app?
Dish can't have an app from another provider unless the original company authorizes it & makes it available. (It's not that easy, look at all the issues with the Netflix provided app).

Cmerohrer
Character Actor

But I would buy a cheap stick. One time. If they had an app I would join prime and pay a 100 a year. Sounds like amazon would do better with an app on DISH

peggyrh
Casting Director
Suggest it to Amazon, it's up to them to agree to it - I'm sure Dish would love to add it if they could. BTW, If you had a Firestick you'd also be able to use it for Dish Anywhere on any tv.

map1pa
Costume Designer

Already have a Firestick and Fire TV and I'm tired of changing inputs to move from satellite to another TV input to watch HBO.    If Dish can integrate the YouTube and Netflix into the Hopper, adding Amazon Prime  Video should not be difficult.  They should own reaching out to Amazon, not the customer.   Comcast already has Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity.  Considering we've been without HBO for nearly a year, Dish should provide other options if they want to keep long-term high-paying monthly customers who still have multiple Dish services and programming!

map1pa
Costume Designer

Agree!  Dish needs to listen to their customers and this recommendation since they already have YouTube and Netflix.   We've been without HBO and I'm tired on constantly changing inputs when I want to watch HBO outside of Dish!

map1pa
Costume Designer

Comcast has been offering Amazon Prime Video along with Netflix on Xfinity!  Dish needs to do the same...especially since we've been without HBO for quite some time!