Dish needs an Amazon Prime Video App.!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish needs an Amazon Prime Video App.!!

map1pa
Costume Designer

Already have a device (Firestick and Fire TV).  The issue here is constantly changing TV inputs when you want to watch HBO.   Dish needs to add Amazon Prime Video...   Comcast has had it for quite some time now. 

map1pa
Costume Designer

Totally agree!  Dish needs to do more than just say they listen to their customers....  It's time for some action if they want to keep us!!!!

map1pa
Costume Designer

If Comcast can offer it on Xfinity....so should Dish.    Especially since we can't get HBO on Dish.    Getting it via Amazon Prime is a win for them...and Dish customers who lost it on Dish.     I'm tired to constantly switching TV inputs and remotes when I want to go outside of Dish to watch their content. 

Highlighted

map1pa
Costume Designer

Totally agree!   Comcast now offers it...as should Dish!

Cmerohrer
Character Actor

I sent a request to Amazon also.  Received a VERY NICE note back that they would love to see it on DISH also and they said they would forward my request.  Is it true?   I hope so   Because there is no reason not to have the app on DISH

RP
Audio Engineer

It would be AWESOME if DISH could have the  AMAZON app! Come on Dish! Your customers wouldn't have to leave if you did this! Netflix and Amazon on DISH???? Hello!  Winning combo! What's it going to take?

peggyrh
Casting Director

OK guys, time to celebrate, my Hopper 3 just got the Amazon Prime app today - check your syste under apps.

Had to reboot my H3 because it said not connected to internet (it's connected by ethernet) but once I did I was able to set it up and see Prime Video and Starz channel which I've subscribed to under the special $1 a month for 3 months deal.  No more need for Firestick on Hopper 3.  Only works on Hopper 3 for now, not on Joeys.

peggyrh
Casting Director

Turn on your Hopper 3 and check your apps - Amazon Prime app was added today!  You will still need your Firestick for the Joeys, but Hopper 3 has it working - if you get a message sayijng not connected to internet just reboot Hopper and it can be set up after reboot - mine is working with no issues, and the channel I am subscribed to (Starz with the $1 month Amazon Prime deal) is showing as well.  Since this is the first day there might be glitches but at least we know it's finally happening.

Cmerohrer
Character Actor

Thank you!!