Dish needs an Amazon Prime Video App.!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish needs an Amazon Prime Video App.!!

Robinson7169
Extra
Yes it does!

MayMay
Extra
I couldn’t agree more! If we could make this happen the sooner the better please!
Highlighted

Jlg
Costume Designer

Dish needs a massive overhaul on their app support. All streaming services should be integrated. 

utdubob
Camera Crew

@peggyrh wrote:
Dish has no obligation to provide you access to Amazon, they have nothing to do with your Prime account.
I agree. But it would be nice to have that function built into the Hopper like Netflix. My smart TV has the app built in and I can access it just fine using that function. It's just more steps than I would like to take to get there and then I have to use 2 remotes instead of one. I'm not going to get all discontented because of it, but would very much like to see the access to Amazon through my Hopper 3 just like I do Netflix. Keeping life simple is a good thing. I hope DISH can get together with AMAZON and work out the financials to make this happen.

RickObe
Visual Engineer

Exactly!

Desherer
Extra

Yes,  Dish needs to add Amazon Prime Video App for simplicity.

Paul344
Camera Crew

Yes, Dish does not have to provide the Amazon and other apps. But in today very competitive pay TV market it would be a wise thing to do if it wants to keep its subscribers. People want one good box like the Hopper3 that can do it all and the service provider that can provide that box will be the leader in the TV/DVR game. With up to 5 options for getting TV (sat, cable, ota, streaming and other) these days a provider needs to be very flexible and except that subscribers will use other services along with their service. The trick is to be the main service provider with the other providers being secondary and having box that can do it all for them. So, Dish could offer a no thrills package with locals, promotional, shop channels and a Hopper3 dual/sat/ota usb at a hire rental price without a minimum package sub. (for those that want locals and to stream. But still have sat programing packages/premiums as optional) All hoppers would work as they do now and be updated to work with most if not all the streaming TV provider apps. This way Dish can provide more options to more people and maybe reduce or stop its subscriber losses. This is one way that Dish can deal with the AT&T/DirecTV Bully which does not have the superior Hopper3 and not having any streaming apps on there Genie. In this case Dish would be a Sat /DVR, local TV/DVR and Streaming Box provider all in one. On good update would be a way to store streamed movies/shows. Like using a screen capture program and have it work like a DVR so you don’t have to watch it while its capturing video. Like viewing a live or recorded program while capturing the streamed program to watch later.

Bkdovey
Extra

While Dish has no obligation to provide this service I don’t understand why they wouldn’t in order to provide the best service available and keep their customers happy. It seems to me that a good business model is to find what people want and then provide that service. We’re simply letting you know what we want. If that’s a problem someone else will listen and Dish will be the loser.

Willette67
Extra
I agree that dish needs the amazon prime app

gdarb
Character Actor

Agree.  I have a smart TV so I have the Amazon app but I have to use my TV remote to access it.  Would make things much easier to just access the Amazon app with the Dish remote...