Bring back proper voice search. Ditch Google Assistant.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Bring back proper voice search. Ditch Google Assistant.

drazyw
Extra

Please bring back the previous voice search functionality.  Now I can't use voice. It's now just an internet search portal.  It used to show me everywhere a show was playing and take me to it, but now I get internet search engine results.  It no longer functions. 

3 Replies

Re: Bring back proper voice search. Ditch Google Assistant.

peggyrh
Casting Director

It functions fine & since it does a lot more than old search, you now need to be more specific.  Try adding "on Dish" to your request & see if you get better results. 

Jems
Extra

It does not function fine!, Mine only returns On Demand Movies or Youtube, absolutely ZERO RESULTS for shows on TV, & I have tried using On Dish, On TV, TV, Dish, Not On Demand you name it I've said it!, It will bring up 1 result next to the On Demand one, but when I click on it, it is completely blank & the only option on that page is the Close button! I have literally gone to a channel to see what movie is on - changed to a different channel - then searched for that movie & it shows me On Demand & the Blank one.....I'm all for Google, I even have their Phone - but this is a hunk of junk!

kirkelli
Costume Designer

Google Assistant is an evasion of your privacy..Don't let Dish tell you otherwise, as they will try.    Google Assistant collects data; i.e. channels you watch, your location, length of time you spend watching programing etc and any browswing or shopping you do via your internet connecton to Hopper.   Users will be targeted with garpage adds and Google will use yoiur data info to their best interest..   I am very upset that dish took a search funtion away that was part of my service which i was paying form, and they have no plans to reimburse my monthhly for this loss..  As soon as my contract expries with Dish, I will be shoping  for another TV source provider..    Many local TV companies are now overing their version of Voice Search without evasion of privacy..   Dish is making lots of $$ with this change via their partnership with Google, as Google pays highly for the data they are extracting from most unware Dish Viewers..   All i have to say,,  be carefull Dish Viewsers.. I would not activafte this search function... The minute you accept the Google Terms of servcice, you bit onto their hook..    Just Dont do it!  And voice your concern to Dish... Remimber, DO NO LIT DISH TELL YOU YOUR DATA IS PRIVATE..  Read Google Terms of servie and you will learn otherwise