cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto tune

freemand
Character Actor

Im new to dish.

When scrolling through the guide and I see a show that is coming on later, is there any way to set an auto tune so that it comes on automatically at that time? I done want to record it, just click when I see it on the guide and have the option to have it come on automatically?

5 Replies

Re: Auto tune

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You would set it up to record, and then go into your timers and edit the timer to be an auto tune rather than DVR

freemand
Character Actor

Thank you, I will look at that.

I didnt get an e-mail for this reply sorry for the delay.

I have had difficulty with recordings using up my hughesnet data. Seems dishnet had primetime channels set to record every night as a default and it took me all month to find that. All my data was used up in 3 days.!!  I am not happy with this system. I have other things to do than sit for hours trying to figure this quagmire out. 

freemand
Character Actor

ya know...I had called tech support when this was first set up a month ago and they could not tell me this solution. Thats ridiculous.  

freemand
Character Actor

Thanks, It is not working. We are trying to set the US open to auto play. Edit timer does not offer that choice. 

I still do not get e-mails to notify me of replues to this forum...I check the little box down left "Email me when someone replies"   every time. 

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
When you select edit timer, you’ll see a box that says DVR... select that and change it to auto tune.