remote problem/50.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote problem/50.0

freewayah
Costume Designer

I am having a problem with the buttons on the remote responding incorrectly.....for instance if I hit the back button to return to previous screen, instead I go to a completely unrelated screen and then the screen freezes up, then I have to go to guide and start over .

25 Replies
Highlighted

Re: remote problem/50.0

DISH Employee

Wow...that sounds crazy, freewayah! When you're pressing the Back button are you pressing and releasing, or holding? The remote is designed to do different things depending on if it's pressed, or pressed and held.

freewayah
Costume Designer

I just press normally....this is a second remote used on the the same TV with hopper.My wife uses the other remote which is what came with installation.The 50.0 remote was from previous dish account

freewayah
Costume Designer

Also the problem occurs when pressing other buttons on the remote....responds incorrectly.

DISH Employee

Does the other remote have the same issue? Have you tried to deprogram the remote and reprogram it to check if that helps? If not, the best thing to do is to manually deprogram it. To do this: 

Press and hold the SAT mode button until all mode lights on the top of the remote light up. Once they light up, let go. 
Then press and hold HOME and Guide at the same time for 5 seconds. If successful, you will hear three descending tones after five seconds. 

To reprogram the remote: 
Press the "Sys Info" button on the front of the Hopper. 

The press the SAT button one time and let go. If successful, you will hear three ascending tones. 

Let us know if that helps! 

freewayah
Costume Designer

No the other remote works fine.I will use your suggestion and get back to you.......Thanks

DISH Employee

Awesome, please let us know. 

freewayah
Costume Designer

Fimally got around to try and fix remote issue using the suggested method,but did not work remote still responds to incorrect command.This 50.0 remote is the second remote programmed to the hopper,the remote works fine.

freewayah
Costume Designer

The other remote works fine I meant to say

DISH Employee

I understand, freewayah. Can we look at the back of the main receiver that says Hopper. There is a small antenna at the back which helps with the remotes. Let's go ahead and unscrew it from the back to make sure that the copper wire isn't bent or broken. 

Let's make sure that it's screwed on nice and tight, and pointing upwards. Let me know if this helps.