red staus bar on dishanywhere pc app wont go away

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

red staus bar on dishanywhere pc app wont go away

Gcbamb
Extra

I called dish about 10 days ago with the problem of the red status bar not going away on the dishanywhere app.  It does go away if I am in streaming mode or playing from DVR, but live mode, it stays on all the time.  I have not heard back from dish on this issue yet as they could not duplicate the problem.  They did notice that my version of chrome was newer than theirs, so this might be the problem.  All of my pc's experience the same problem.  Has anyone else found this issue?

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: red staus bar on dishanywhere pc app wont go away

GRB1959
Audio Engineer

Yes, it is super annoying when watching any LIVE television via Dish Anywhere on my laptop PC to have the red status bar on the bottom of the screen.  I have seen another thread on this same issue, however to date Dish Network has not addressed this issue.

I am using Google Chrome as my browser as well (Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)).  If I attempt to use another browser to access streaming content via Dish Anywhere I get the following message.

'Your browser is not currently supported for streaming Live TV and DVR content with Dish Anywhere.  Please use a Chrome or Safari browser to access this content.'