recording conflicts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recording conflicts

freewayah
Costume Designer

When watching TV with wired Joey downstairs I am having tuner conflicts with hopper recordings instigated from upstairs TV. Is their anyway to isolate the joey from receiving the recording conflicts from the hopper?

4 Replies

Re: recording conflicts

peggyrh
Casting Director

The Joey gets it's signal from the Hopper, it cannot operate without it as it's not a separate receiver/dvr & has no tuners of its own.  Each Joey uses a tuner on the Hopper to get it's live programming so depending on your Hopper version you may not have an available tuner to use - older Hoppers only have 3 tuners so if you're recording something & watching on both (especially with the 3 min overlap at beginning/end of recording) you often see that message.  Many of us upgraded to the Hopper 3 (16 tuners) & no longer have recording conflicts.  

Highlighted

freewayah
Costume Designer

How much for a hopper 3?

peggyrh
Casting Director

You're going to have to talk to Dish directly as upgrade cost is determined by several things on your account.  Call & see, I haven't had a conflict since upgrading several years ago & I record everything. 

AZ
Audio Engineer

@freewayah:

@peggyrh provided a great response about the Hopper 3 vs. the previous version.

• All of the tuner conflicts are Hopper related. 
  • You'll have to call Dish to find out about the upgrade cost (I'm not sure there is a fixed price posted).
  • It's totally worth it!
  • With the Hopper 3 and 16 tuners, I never have recording conflicts for non-OTA channels.

However, after switching from the "Local Channels" $15 dish option to the free OTA option, I learned:

• Only 2 of the tuners can be used at a time for OTA Channels.  This includes the recording and watching of programs.  If you have several people watching on different TVs at the same time, I've occassionally seen the error.  Watching TV will utilize one of the Tuner channels.  If I am recording 2 OTA channels at the same time and I want to watch an OTA channel, I'll get a conflict message.  Or, if one OTA channel is recording and two different TVs are trying to watch OTA channels, I'll get a conflict message.
  • PrimeTimeAnytime does not work with OTA channels.
  • Sometimes I have issues with the OTA programs populating in the guide.

After experiencing Dish before and after the Hopper 3, I highly recommend upgrading!