new user, need help

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new user, need help

jjtex
Character Actor

I have just upgraded to the Hopper Duo and one Joey 2.0. Each came with a Remote 54.0.  I do not want to connect my Hopper to the internet. I realize that this will keep me from accessing all available features of the system, particularly the voice command feature. I'm fine with that except, I cannot find information for how to manually access features on my remote. Should I in fact be using a previous model of the remote that does not have the voice feature ?  I also cannot find anything that addresses the issue of not wanting to connect to the internet i.e. specifically which features am I missing ? I've seen only generalized statements about how I "won't be able to access all features ".  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: new user, need help

jjtex
Character Actor

Thanks for your reply. I'm beginning to figure out the remote operation. There should be clearer instructions about using the system without the internet connection. I'll connect later if I see the need.

3 Replies

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
What remote features are you missing? The 54.0 can do everything the 52.0 can do, so you don’t need to change remotes. You will not have access to vOd or Netflix/YouTube. Most features will not require internet, but there are specific ones that have been mentioned so far that do.

jjtex
Character Actor

Thanks for your reply. I'm beginning to figure out the remote operation. There should be clearer instructions about using the system without the internet connection. I'll connect later if I see the need.

DISH Employee

Hey, jjtex! Here is a link where you can check out the overview for the 54.0 remote: https://www.mydish.com/support/products/remotes/54. Hope this helps!