cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

dish programming

beezerman67
Camera Crew

promised stations not receiving / a breach of the dish promise. legal theft ,ready to cancel to get my fsmw.

5 Replies

Re: dish programming

peggyrh
Casting Director
Read your agreement, we're only promised service - not specific channels - so it's not breach of promise or violation of agreement. I've been without 2 of my locals for over 6 weeks, hopefully they reach an agreement soon.

DISH Employee

Periodically, DISH and its channel owners negotiate deals so that we may offer you high-quality content at a fair value. We are working to not only reach an agreement, but a long-term agreement for our customers. Due to the nature of our contracts with various channel owners our residential service agreement states that any programming or packages are subject to change.

We want to provide you with the most up to date information as we receive it. This is why we created our Dish promise page so you can be aware of changes as they happen! Here is a link for this page: https://www.mydish.com/promise

keith1
Camera Crew

Hello peggyrh,

Contracts, terms and agreements have a lot of grey areas. One of them is that Dish offered a channel lineup in a certain package for me as a new customer that states what the avaliable channels are. An example of this is if you go to Dish online and look at the channel lineup it shows FSMW for instance in the lineup and avaliable. In this instance, Dish must comply with its agreement to offer this channel or it could be considered a "Breech of Contract". The terms and agreements does state for existing customers that if a network that Dish has a contract with and that contract has fulfilled its promice and term, the network has the right to remove its programming from the Dish lineup.

I could fight my contract agreement with Dish because I just had Dish installed on Sunday (two days ago) and the website still had FSMW as an avaliable channel in their lineup. Dish has offered a reimbursement, but I'm going to refuse the reimbursement and negotiate a better counter offer that fits my needs. They are also giving the NFL Network and the Red Zone channels to those who lost Fox Regional Sports channels, but these channels too me would be like me watching the QVC channel. I do not and will not watch these channels because they are useless too me so I would have to ask how do they benefit me. Both of these channels are NFL affiliated and since the Rams left STL., I do not watch the NFL. The channel I did watch however was FSMW which aired the STL Cardinals and the STL. Blues and it is now gone due to the Fox Sports Network and Dish negotiating a new contract and are not agreeing to new terms and agreements. Sadly enough it is all about the "GREAT AMERICAN DOLLAR". The Fox Sports Network wants to increase the Dish price 50% and who would pay for that. It wouldn't Fox, it would be Dish and its customers so I'm sad that FSMW is gone, but at the same time I don't blame Dish for rejecting the price increase.

Keith1.

peggyrh
Casting Director
Nothing I can do about it as I'm just another customer like you. We all have to live with these issues untill the TV industry changes. I'm more locked down than most as OTA is very limited where I live & my options are limited. Wish it were different.

keith1
Camera Crew

Hello peggyrh,

Yep I feel ya because I live in a rural area where satelite tv and satelite internet is my only option.