Why did I get a shipping notice for a remote?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why did I get a shipping notice for a remote?

RickObe
Visual Engineer

I got a shipping notice from Dish for a 54.1 remote. The good news is it says the cost is $0.00. However, I prefer my 40.0 remote and I'm not letting Google in my home. So the 54.1 remote is going in a drawer. Too bad Dish wasted their money sending me this.

Re: Why did I get a shipping notice for a remote?

Roadijeff
Cinematographer

If you do not want the Google assist feature, just do not press the microphone button and all will be well.  I read the other day that Dish is sending out free remote upgrades to various customers so that's why you're getting one. 

RickObe
Visual Engineer

Thanks. Yes, I understand that I don't have to use the voice functions. I tried the 52.0 remotes for a while and ended up going back to the 40.0. So even without using the voice function, the 54.1 is going to end up in the drawer next to the 52's. 

satman1968
Character Actor

You might be able to get them to trade you a 54.0  remote instead,( it's the same remote), however, doesn't have google.  I recently upgraded my remotes and made sure google wasn't on them.  Great remotes.

Roadijeff
Cinematographer

@satman1968 wrote:

You might be able to get them to trade you a 54.0  remote instead,( it's the same remote), however, doesn't have google.  I recently upgraded my remotes and made sure google wasn't on them.  Great remotes.

Hmm...ours is a 54.0 remote and it has Google voice search.

satman1968
Character Actor

My bad, don't have google printed on the remote, however, it does show in the hopper 3 options, which dont have to be activated.  I don't use voice remote feature, thus google not activated, nor involved.  I only upgraded to use the back light feature.  Thanks for bringing that to my attention.