Which arc has the most HD Channels?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which arc has the most HD Channels?

satman1968
Character Actor

Hello, I"m in SW FL and can get both Eastern and Western Arcs with Hopper 3.  My question is which arc has the most HD?  I was using Western arc starting out with pay as you go, and had very few signal fades, most sat signals in the 80s.  I got a better deal with a contract, and the tec who came out, switched me to Eastern arc, my signals were then in the low 50s and lost tv every time it rained.  I  have 2 dishes mounted, 1 Western Arc, and 1 Eastern Arc  next to each other.  I switched the cable back to Western Arc and didn't have rain fade, however, rainy season is over now, and shouldn't have a Eastern arc rain issue.  It's easy to switch back to EA, however, didn't know if it has more HD and would be worth switching back to it during the dry season, or should I just leave it on the Western arc?  Any info appreciated

2 Replies

Re: Which arc has the most HD Channels?

DISH Employee

Hey, satman1968! The Eastern Arc satellite is better quality and gives more locations local stations in HD, but, as far as more channels beyond that being available in HD, it would depend on the satellites the dish is able to pick up. 

Re: Which arc has the most HD Channels?

DISH Employee

There is only one reason to choose one Arc over the other and that is local channels.  Many local packages only have their locals on one arc, or the HD versions of that package is only on one arc.  If you can tell us what city you recieve your locals from on Dish I can look into that for you.

That said, if you are having signal issues your best bet would be to call into dish tech support, troubelshoot those signal issues, and if needed get a technician sent to your home to go over the install.