Where to purchase a OTA antenna adapter?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Where to purchase a OTA antenna adapter?

GrannyBarbHutson
Camera Crew

Recently lost our CBS so hooked up an inside OTA antenna. Can get most of the channels and believe if we get an outside antenna we will get all of them. Now I need to get the Dish OTA adapter for my Hopper 3. The one at Dish is $59.99 plus tax and shipping resulting in a cost of $71. Have located two on the Walmart.com Marketplace for either $59.00 or $49.46 with free shipping and no tax. Both listings say they are Dish brands but the model numbers are different and when I check with Dish, no one can tell me what the current model number is.
Here are the listings:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/DUAL-OTA-ADAPTER-FOR-HOPPER-WALLY/896791127
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dish-610-001-Dual-tuner-Ota-Adapter-For-Dish-Wally-Hd-Receiver/900554542
Or another option is a $29.99 AirTV Dual-Tuner Adapter with free shipping from https://www.airtv.net/products/
Would someone please give me your thoughts on these two adapters?
And one last question, read a review that I should get the adapter with a white cable because it doesn't build up heat like the black cable will. Any truth in that?
Thanks.

6 Replies

Re: Where to purchase a OTA antenna adapter?

DISH Employee

Hey, GrannyBarbHutson! Either of the first 2 dual OTA adapters you mentioned would work with your equipment. We can't guarantee the Air TV would work, though. The information about the adapters and colors is strictly a myth, due to black being associated with attracting heat. We have no real evidence to back this up, so it would solely depend on your color preference. 

GrannyBarbHutson
Camera Crew

Jessica, I appreciate your reply.

@JessicaM wrote:

Hey, GrannyBarbHutson! Either of the first 2 dual OTA adapters you mentioned would work with your equipment. We can't guarantee the Air TV would work, though. The information about the adapters and colors is strictly a myth, due to black being associated with attracting heat. We have no real evidence to back this up, so it would solely depend on your color preference. 

DISH Employee

My pleasure! If you have any other questions or concerns come up, please don't hesitate to reach back out. Have a wonderful rest of your day!! 

tommyy2
Cinematographer

Air TV adapter for 2 channels works fine on my Hopper 3.

Some say it works better than the Dish supplied adapter.

GrannyBarbHutson
Camera Crew

Ordered an AirTV dual tuner today for $30 cheaper than the one from Dish. Keeping my fingers crossed it will work.  Then I will cancel my locals through Dish.

Also going to split the antenna and run a coax to the VCR/DVD player/burner and be able to record an additional local channel if necessary.

tommyy2
Cinematographer

Just remember when you go through a splitter you cut the signal in half to each unit. If you have a good strong signal to start all is well but if the signal started out marginal it will only get worse.

Give it a shot but if isssues try removing the splitter as the first step in diagnosing the problem and determining what to do next.