What is the status update on the External Harddrive issues on Hopper 3?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What is the status update on the External Harddrive issues on Hopper 3?

cnangel1997
Camera Crew

I have been waiting since August 2018 for results from the Engineering Team to fix the software, so us Dish customers who have recorded movies on External Harddrives hooked up to the Hopper 3/w Sling can again play our movies. Dish when is this issue going to be resolved? Every time I ask, I just keep getting the same old answer, "Engineering Team is working on it." Well I am disgusted with that same answer, Dish just be honest with us, and tell the truth, this issue is never going to be resolved, and Dish never planned on it from day one. Right? I have read numerous posts on this same issue from many Dish customers with the same issue. We want results, not excuses Dish!

8 Replies

Re: What is the status update on the External Harddrive issues on Hopper 3?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Mine work fine. What kind of issue are you having?

cnangel1997
Camera Crew

I just told you from my post.

cnangel1997
Camera Crew

Also I have 12 posts on this issue. Look up my name cnangel1997, and read my issue, then get back to me? Thank you

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You only said you cannot playback stuff on the EHD. You didn’t say what the issue was, only the symptom. Do you get a message, does it not show up? Is it a black screen? I’d rather not go hunting for info.

DISH Employee

Hi Cnangel1997, I know the frustrations of an ongoing technical issue. I'd be pleased to further research your hard-drive issue. Once it has been forwarded to our engineering team, the issue has to be recreated in order for a fix to be developed, the time frame can vary depending on the issue. I would like to look further into to your issue to see if there have been updates. Can you please provide me with your phone number, and security pin in a private message so that I may access your account? 

cnangel1997
Camera Crew

Kimberly, Thank you for being concerned on this issue. How do I sent you a private message with the information you want. Also For security on my end, I am the only one who is suppose to know my security code. No one from Dish has asked for my code, so I am spectical in doing that. Can't you read all my posts from cnangel1997 here at the community? All my posts explain the issues. Many, many people here have posted the same issue with the external harddrives.

cnangel1997
Camera Crew

My Hopper 3 w/Sling does not recognize my External Harddrive on either one or two. Before, the unit did, and I could play my recordings in the Harddrive. I was informed Engineering team was working on fixing this issue, because so many customers were complaining about the same issue. They said it was because of a software update, and the ET was supppose to make fix the software update, and make it compatible again to use our harddrive, but hasn't worked yet.  I was told there was no time table on this, but would work on it, because, as I said, there have been numerous, numerous complaints on the forum here. I have been getting the run around, every time I complain on this issue. Like I said, it has been since August of 2018, when I complaint about it. 

DISH Employee

Cnangel1997, I can definitely understand your frustration as we continue to work on finding a permanent resolution to this issue. At this time, we do not have a fix date scheduled from our Engineering Team. We absolutely appreciate your patience as our Engineering and Technical Operations team work together to find the correct resolution.