What happened to Comet TV on Dish?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to Comet TV on Dish?

duncanhh
Character Actor

Why does no one at Dish have the answer as to why the Comet Tv network was not added to the Dish lineup as published in your magazine ? The February issue of ON Dish magazine mentioned on page 4 in the editors notes that the Comet TV network was new to the Dish lineup on channel 289 beginning February 14th 2019. I do not see this channel on Dish yet. What is the problem and when will Comet TV be added. I was excited when I saw this much requested channel being added but I am disappointed that no one at Dish seems to care and cannot respond with a timeline for Comet. I have been a customer since 1996 but lately customer service has gone downhill and channels keep fading away. When you publish that a channel is coming, you should keep your promise. I am really considering dropping my service if you can't keep promises.

25 Replies

Re: What happened to Comet TV on Dish?

d4g4m
Visual Engineer

Comet has been an OTA channel in the Tampa viewing area for some time. They seem to have access to some really bad Sci-fi programming and movies. I don't think there are many people watching anything on that channel.

DISH Employee

Good afternoon, duncanhh. We apologize for the misinformation regarding Comet TV in the February edition of OnDISH magazine. DISH is still considering and working with Comet TV to add their programming to the DISH lineup. A specific date is pending at this time.

duncanhh
Character Actor

Comet has been popular in my area except the over the air channel transmitter is 70 miles away and is difficult to pick up.  Comet is growing with the future addition of all the Stargates and more recent series coming this fall.  I am really tired of just SYFY on Dish.  Look at all the shopping channels Dish carries that sell the same things as HSN and QVC.  We need a second sci-fi channel like Comet.  As with any rather new network it takes some time to reach potential.  Comet just acquired the Outer Limits which I like and I've noticed some better movies recently.  There are requests for Comet from all the sci-fi fans that really miss El Rey.  Since that channel will never be back on Dish, they need to add Comet.  I am amazed that OnDish magazine said Comet would premiere Feb. 14th 2019 on channel 289 and now they don't know anything about it like the misinfo they give concerning HBO.  Dish can't keep promises anymore.  I have been with them since 1996, however, it might be time for a change if Dish does not get their act together. Spectrum cable carries Comet as well as a lot of the over the air retro networks and they still HBO.

tsunami2311
Costume Designer

I just noticed Dish has Comet TV last night and was like sweet till I realized it was SD.. Steaming it is free and in HD or well scaled to HD and full screen. so i guess I will just keep streaming it, unless Dish give use HD. I love the channel just like I loved El ray, but for other reason but them being in SD was slap in the face

Still pissed about El ray  not coming back. no i need to find diffrenct channel to get my old kung fu  movies, and the whole HBO thing is getting old.

cruzincaril
Extra
I just started with dish in june 2019 and comet is alive and well!

GrannyGruff
Extra

Oh, no, it's not! 

Surprise!  Comet TV has disappearred from Dish channel 289.  And trying to find any info on the Dish website is like trying to fry fish on my TV. 

Does anyone know where it went?

GrannyGruff

DISH Employee

Hey GrannyGruff. Comet will is still available on ch. 289 when subscribed to the Americas Top 120 or higher. Are you not seeing the channel at all in the guide? 

GrannyGruff
Extra

Comet TV no longer shows on our 250 channel package menu.  We have two receivers in different parts of the house and Comet "disappeared" several days ago.

I just double checked.  We have 301, 299, 292, and then it goes to 287, 286.
GrannyGruff

DISH Employee

That's definitely not good to hear, GranyGruff! We would be more than happy to take a deeper look into this issue with you, will you please send us a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN that are on your account?

If you're unsure of how to send us a Private Message, You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039.