What happened to Comet TV on Dish?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What happened to Comet TV on Dish?

DonnaNH
Character Actor

Same here! It is just gone. Doesn't even show up on the listing.  We are not happy.

DonnaNH
Character Actor

We do not have COMET tv on DISH any more. It doesn't matter what we do. It is not there. What happpend?

Lupa13
Extra

Seriously, Dish, the Comet is GONE.

Quit asking each person to private message you and figure out the problem.

Thanx

DISH Employee

Hey Lupa13! I was able to confirm the Comet is still part of our line-up, so we would be troubleshooting individually. If you are also missing this channel, please send a Private Message and we'll go from there!

MrT
Character Actor

Hey all...when I'm wrong, I fess up...kinda...I get Comet on my 722 DVR (Channel 289), but not on 2 of my older "100 type" boxes (No 289 is available). It would be great if customer service was more helpful with a fix, but Calebs says it's still part of the lineup and it is! Thanks Calebs! Again, I fess up and my apologies for the rant...Kinda. I'll need to contact the Dish employees included here to get this fixed. I'm sure they can help!

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Hello, MrT! COMET is in our channel lineup still, but it is only broadcast in HD. That would explain why you're able to get it on the 722 DVR, but not your other two receivers. If you'd like, we can take a look into our options of upgrading if you'd like us to! Please feel free to send us a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN that are on your account!

MrT
Character Actor

For those of you who have had no resolution you can watch Comet FREE on “STIRR” TV. You will need an internet device to stream it and a connection to your TV. Killer Clowns From Outer Space is on right now!,

kuhio98
Camera Crew

We hd a tech here yesterday who said that we can no longer get COMET 289 unless we put a 3rd dish on our roof.  Tech said that COMET had moved to a different satellite and we don't receive signal from that satellite.  Smiley Sad  

What is an LNB?  Another thread started on this same subject said that the tech replaced the LNB and service was restored. 

DISH Employee

Good morning, kuhio98! We would be more than happy to take a look into this with you. Will you please send us a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN that are on your account?

kuhio98
Camera Crew

There is no reason for me to contact DISH again as you've already sent out a technician.  Here's what they told me: 

We receive signal on Satellites 110 and 119.    COMET 289 moved to different satellite.  Therfore, unless we want a 3rd dish on our roof, we no longer receive COMET 289.  

Are you saying that this information is incorrect?    Did COMET move to a different satellite?  If so, which one?