Watching a DVR show while its still recording and losing spot

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching a DVR show while its still recording and losing spot

Mpfischerz
Costume Designer

Did something change?  In the last month, I noticed that if I’m watching a show that’s still recording, I pause and try to resume from another tv, when I select resume instead of resuming to the spot where I paused, it goes to “live”.  This really sucks if the program is a sporting event because you see the score.  Am I missing something?  Is there a workaround?

8 Replies

Re: Watching a DVR show while its still recording and losing spot

DISH Employee

Hello Mpfischerz. This function is by design to help avoid any issues with the current recording that is still in progress. When pausing on a show or event that is still recording, the default option when joining onto the channel that is being recorded is to join in at Live TV. I can definitely understand the frustration when you join back in only to have the current score spoiled for you. I will be happy to forward your feedback on this feature to our Engineering Team for consideration.

Mpfischerz
Costume Designer

I don't understand why this would be by design.  if i pause the recording and hit "resume" why doesn't it actually resume?  instead, it behaves as if i selected "watch live" which makes no sense.  And why would resuming a show that's being recorded cause an issue w/ the recording?  i'm 99% sure this is a somewhat new "feature" which tells me it's a bug.  Makes no sense that this would be design.  if this is truly by design then get rid of the option to resume if it's not really going to resume.   In that case, i'll select the option to watch fromt he start of the recording and FF to where i paused.  That's still a pain in the **bleep** but at least th eoption is not misleading.

Mpfischerz
Costume Designer

thanks for no response 

Mpfischerz
Costume Designer

Can I please get a legitimate response to my question please?

DISH Employee

I hear you and understand where you are coming from. I will be submitting your feedback over to our technical operations team. We're always looking at ways to improve so your feedback is appreciated. 

Mpfischerz
Costume Designer

Should I expect a response?

DISH Employee

I can't guarantee that a response will be sent out. Feel free to send us a private message if you have any questions or concerns. 

Mpfischerz
Costume Designer
What good does it do to report problems if no one responds? And why would I need to PM you, why not post a reply here where the entire community can see? Isn’t that the point of this board?