Wally Signal?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wally Signal?

adamsara1121
Character Actor
Has anyone ever buried a cable for the dish Joey to an external building? Will the main receiver be able to reach a distance of about 150ft?
5 Replies

Re: Wally Signal?

DISH Employee

Hello adamsara1121. I do want to make sure that we're on the same page here. Your title indicates you're speaking about a Wally, but you are mentioning a Joey. Are you asking if it's possible to wire a Joey to still connect to the Hopper 150 ft away? 

adamsara1121
Character Actor
Yes sorry I forgot to change the title of the post. Is it possible to bury an underground
cable to a nearby shed so we can use a Joey in the shed? Will it connect to our hopper in our house which is about 150-170 ft away?

DISH Employee

No worries. I just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same equipment. We definitely have to tools to do something like that. What worries me is the signal definitely weakens significantly when using a cable that exceeds 50 feet so it's likely that it may run into communication issues between the Hopper and Joey. In a set up like this, I may suggest the another Hopper or Wally with a separate DISH as that would pretty much eliminate that issue. 

adamsara1121
Character Actor
That’s what I figured....can someone come out to take a look at our set up here and tell us how to proceed? Or is this something we have to figure out on our own?

DISH Employee

We can schedule a work order of what you're trying to accomplish, and technician can you tell the best way to accomplish what you're looking for. I would need to pull up your account to help with that. Would you mind meeting me in a Private Message please? If you're not sure how to do that, we have a pretty great guide right here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039