cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Vip722 Complete Signal Loss Temporary Fix

Jim45
Extra

My replacement Vip722 is on it's way but I discovered that I can get the receiver to work again while I'm waiting for the delivery tomorrow. All I need to do is to completely disconnect the satellite 1 and 2 coax inputs on the back of the unit, wait a minute and reconnect them. It will find the signal and start connecting to the satellite followed by downloading the guide. All of this takes about 20 minutes and it will stay connected for a day or so. This happened a couple of times during the troubleshooting process, including with the Dish technician, before I realized what was going on but I can do it now with 100% success rate. So, until I get the replacement unit installed I can still watch live TV and record programs. Oddly, I cannot archive recorded programs to the external USB drive if the receiver has a signal. However, once it loses the signal I can archive programs to the USB drive. Wierd. I have no idea if this would work for anyone else but power cycling the unit and doing a restart did not work at all. It's a temporary fix but better than nothing.