Did you mean: 

UPDATE on HBO/ATT and DISH

MikeSF
Audio Engineer
9 Replies

Re: UPDATE on HBO/ATT and DISH

tdub
Character Actor

From this article it doesn't sound good. 

mia7752
Extra

It sounds like AT&T has got us all held hostage.  I have AT&T as well as dish and this is giving them too much control over ua all.

MikeSF
Audio Engineer

I switched from ATT phone and internet to Sonic Gigabit (faster, cheaper, and much better service) and I thought I was finally rid of ATT. Then my Directv account suddenly became an ATT account and the deplorable ATT customer service returned. I am happy to have returned to DISH and am enjoying life without ATT in it. I'm not sure I want to have HBO again, unless the courts can break up the ATT monopoly.

tmorg@clnk.com
Camera Crew

It sounds like the courts are on AT&T's side and Dish customers will be the ones that get screwed. I am paying HBO directly now to continue watching on my Amazon Fire Stick but will not continue this. If a resolution isn't quickly coming I will sadly move on to DirecTV or DirectTV Now which is exactly what AT&T is doing this for and I am a 18+ year Dish customer. I've always tolerated the outages but we ALL pay extra for the pay channels so this seems rediculous to me. 

newman2626
Character Actor

Why can't Dish and AT&T go through arbitration? This has gone on long enough.

rubybrown
Character Actor

I found a solution, I share stations with members of my family.  I now stream on their HBO subscription over ROKU and they get one of my channels in return. When HBO comes back, I won't need/want it.  Look into sharing with friends and family. It can save money.

MikeSF
Audio Engineer

I read a report that said DISH offered to go through arbitration but ATT/HBO didn't bite because it would have required them to make HBO available to DISH immediately during the process.

Jcaryl0928
Camera Crew
Dish is just pissed because HBO wants fish to offer its channel at a lower price and dish wants to charge a premium for the only channel they offer with actual content. Dish is being dishonest about all of it (no suprise) hbo still streams their content to dish who blocks the signal to all subscribers.

1wantmyHB0
Extra
I get all the BS back and forth and games being played. As a customer honestly I don’t care!! What I care about is customer service and having my HBO. As I read in one of the other threads less than 20% of customers order/have DISH, if that’s the case continue DISH customers HBO while negotiating behind the seens. Sorry but I WANT MY HBO, and I want to be able to DVR it.