Sofware Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sofware Update

HANNASDISH
Character Actor
On February 25 we upgraded from our old receivers to a hopper sling with a super Joey and two regular Joeys. We made this switch because we were losing the capability for my grandson to watch Netflix through his Wii and thought it would be a good time to upgrade we have been loyal dish customers for over 13 years so we got the upgraded equipment “free“ the technician was here for approximately three hours he checked everything out said when he left we were good to go two hours later the TV froze Up Would not change channels in the hopper had to be reset this went on daily multiple times a day with multiple calls to technical support and being told multiple times to reset the hopper plug unplug yada yada yada finally we were told that it was a software issue and that an engineering team was looking at it but no timeframe was given for a fix. Dish finally send us out a new hopper which I had to install myself didn’t do any good same issues zero of zero tuners error message freezing up Harper having to be reset multiple times a day contacted customer support threw a big fit got $25 off our bill for the next six months and again was told it was a software issue that the engineer in team was working on waited two more weeks still no resolution so they send a tech out and upgraded us to a hopper three. All was well for about 12 hours and now we are right back to square one with frozen screens and zero of zero to nurse error messages does anyone know if there is truly a software patch out there or what exactly the deal Us
4 Replies

Re: Sofware Update

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
I would actually guess it is likely a cable or connector that would cause that. Without knowing what exactly is in the known software issue list, it is possible it is a coding issue, but more likely to be a physical issue.

HANNASDISH
Character Actor

I can't believe it would be hardware related, I've had techs out x3 and the last guy that was there said he checked every connection and even changed out a cable.  

HANNASDISH
Character Actor

Update.  Still having to reset the Hopper daily, multiple times.  Have had tech out he replaced the cable coming from the satellite to the house, insisted this was the problem and all my issues should be resolved, he wasn't gone two hours, turned tv back on still shows 0 of 0 tuners error message and had to be reset in order to watch TV.  Our 10 year old autistic grandson now knows how to reset the Hopper as he's usuallyl the one closest to it when it needs reset.  Now they've sent me an Internet Hopper Connector but I have to wait until mid June for someone to come out and "install" it.  I have 0 expectations anymore that this issue will ever be resolved.  I'm at a loss of what to do.  I simply wanted to upgrade from our old system which we'd had for 12+ yrs to the new and "improved" Hopper 3 system, it's been nothing but a pain in the **bleep**.  

DISH Employee

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue, HANNASDISH! You should definitely have access to all your tuners at all times. Let's check a few things. Can you go to the Hopper and press the Home/Menu button three times? It will take you to a Diagnostics screen. Can you give me the Hopper's software version?